Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Reverb will not return, will a bleed fix ?
  • shaungero
    Free Member

Hi crew,
    I was washing my bike and when I pushed my reverb seat post down it would not return back up. Leaver button feels squishy, what could be the problem ? Need a bleed ? New hose ?
    Look forward to hearing from you.
    Cheers Shaun

dirtydog
    Free Member

Check presure, then try bleed, last bleed should be done with lever in slowest position.

kiksy
    Free Member

Last week (in the colder weather) both me and a friends Reverb started returning slowly/not returning at all. When it was taken inside into the warm it then started working properly. I left it outside for an hour or so, then rebled and it now returns faster than it ever did.

Not sure if the temp had anything to do with it or maybe coincidence.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Did you find the return has been slowing down for a while? I found this on my first reverb, knob set to fastest setting to get it to move at all after a while.
    A bleed fixed it.
    My second is showing the same symptoms. I am assuming / hoping a bleed with fix this one too.

shaungero
    Free Member

Yes you are spot on, it really did start to slow down over the last 2-3 weeks. I looked up a clip on how to bleed and it said to do when the seat post is extended but it won’t stay up. Will it be fine to bleep when down?

daver27
    Free Member

Mine won’t return either, but i suspect thats because its at Fishers (again) and the post is slow..

br
    Free Member

Nothing to lose by bleeding it first to see if it’ll cure the problem.

johnas7
    Free Member

i had a few problems with my reverb, had been out in the cold and wouldnt move up or down but then suddenly started working after about 20 mins. Then last weekend at dalby it wouldnt work at all. i then had a fiddle about with where i had placed it as i have it running under my handle bars on the left and it looked like the brake leaver was pressing against the knob/switch, so moved the brake from it and turned the knob and its back to working no problem now.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Faffed up bleeding can make it worse or at least just a waste of time.

First thing is to check the pressure. It must be bang on 250psi.

Another thing is loosen the seat clamp a little and see if that makes a difference. They are affected by overtightening the clamp. Use some carbon assembly paste to reduce the clamp torque required to stop it slipping.

If these fail, try bleeding.

Though I’ve got an old one that’s both slow to return and tough to drop as it needs a lot of force. Done all the above and bled it numerous times just to be sure I wasn’t messing it up, but not fixed. Ended up getting another as needed one asap. I’ve got yet another on the hard tail which has been fine though recently it’s getting a bit tough to make it descend. Returns fine though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Reverb will not return, will a bleed fix ?’ is closed to new replies.