Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Reverb – what circlip pliers?
  • philjunior
    Free Member

After servicing my reverb, which I expected to be a quick regrease but found it needed a bit more doing, I found my circlip pliers are woefully inadequate (too flexy for the big circlip at the bottom – managed with a struggle – and too big ends for the circlip at the top – had to sort of bodge the oil refill, will see how soft the post rides and perhaps pull it apart again sooner rather than later).

Sooo, what circlip pliers for this job?

These look substantial enough to deal with the main circlip at the bottom, anyone got any idea if they’ll fit the one at the top?

http://www.screwfix.com/p/circlip-pliers-set-4-piece/43041

Or alternatively any recommendations of ones that will fit. I don’t mind spending a decent amount for decent tools, I’ll get the use out of them.

daern
    Free Member

Yes, I have some like that and they work fine for stripping Reverbs. If you have the crappy ones made out of sheet steel, or worse, the ones where you swap the ends over, they are pretty much useless for anything.

philjunior
    Free Member

Yeah, cheap ones with swappy over ends have proven themselves useless. Ta, I’ll pick some up on my way home and chuck the useless ones out.

dingleberry
    Free Member

Not sure how they’ll fit a Reverb, but I got those Screwfix ones for servicing my Pike and they seem pretty solid.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Reverb – what circlip pliers?’ is closed to new replies.