Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Reverb warranty – OK to send without remote?
  • thenorthwind

Since probably half of people on this forum will have sent a Reverb to Fishers for warranty before… has anyone encountered a problem sending it back without the remote?

Would rather send it without because I don’t have another clamp for my brake lever, it would make packing it up easier, and I remember reading about some people who’d got new replacements (great!) but with the opposite-sided remote (not so great).

batman11
    Free Member

No send the whole thing back as they don’t seem to repair! They just send you a new boxed one complete with all the bits and bobs.
    You will have to get your local shop to do it for you, so you,will have to pay for the postage etc but worth it.

thenorthwind

Do you think they’ll not replace it if my remote’s not with my old one?

The shop I bought the bike from have sorted a return but told me to send it to them direct because it’ll be quicker. I asked whether they needed the whole thing (via email) but didn’t get an answer.

benpinnick

Ive sent back unremoted ones before and always got a complete one back. Thats no guarantee of course.

tillydog
    Free Member

Sent one back without a remote. Now have a spare remote 🙂

thenorthwind

Cheers guys. Will try without then. Worst case is surely they ask for the remote (can’t see it happening) which is not the end of the world.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Strange how the shop asked you to send direct. They usually don’t accept direct from the public.

simondbarnes

Strange how the shop asked you to send direct. They usually don’t accept direct from the public.

The shop would have generated a return and given the details to the OP to a) save him from coming to the shop b) save them from having to sort out a courier c)speed up the process.

thenorthwind

The shop have arranged the return and sent me the documentation (just a returns number really) to put in with it, so it’s no different to them sending it really. Otherwise I’d have to send it to the shop, which is a couple of hundred miles away, only for them to send it on, which would just waste time.

thenorthwind

Posts crossed: yup, what Simon said.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Nice, wish mine had done that in the past.

welshfarmer

Yep, sent mine back to Germany “ohne” remote. Got a complete boxed new one by return.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Reverb warranty – OK to send without remote?’ is closed to new replies.