Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Reverb warranty – direct to Fisher?
  • dizcostix
    Free Member

I believe my Reverb needs fixing under warranty and after speaking to Fisher they’re happy to accept however they say it’s got to be through a shop who they have an account with.

however, I bought my post on holiday in the US as the shop there mentioned the worldwide warranty.

Has anyone gone direct to Fishers with a warranty issue or do I have to find a shop happy to deal with me that i didn;t buy the post from??

Trimix
    Free Member

Ive gone direct to them for other stuff, worth a phone call first.

dizcostix
    Free Member

also, I’ve just noticed they’re in St. Albans and I’m not too far away from there. Anyone dropped a reverb at their door for a warranty?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    pinetree
    Free Member

While they’re not obliged to do so, you may find an LBS will process it for you if you ask them nicely.
    I used to do this when I had a bike shop in Glasgow, as although I didn’t really gain anything financially from it, it helps a customer out and builds a good relationship. The people I helped out went on to buy bikes etc from us and we ended up doing a load of servicing for them as well, so it was worth it in the long run.

My advice: Take em in a pack or two of biscuits, you may find they suddenly become very helpful!

Big-Bud
    Free Member

a bike shop will not survive on biscuits.
    hows he going to pay his mortgage ? with hob nobs.

i hear it all the time take this that the other to your bike shop with some biscuits .its insane

dizcostix
    Free Member

must admit, i’d feel I’m taking the piss walking into a shop with some biscuits as a favour for doing something they’re not obliged to do.

pinetree
    Free Member

I’m speaking from purely from my own experiences when I ran a bike shop. I can’t comment on each individual shop, as we are all aware some are a bit less willing to bend the rules.

As I said, ask nicely. Most bike shop staff are pretty understanding and generally willing to lend a hand, as long as you’re polite. It’d be a different case if you’d bought a bike elsewhere that had cracked, and demanded that a shop strip down, send away, and rebuild a bike for you.
    In a situation similar to, I think I charged the guy all of a fiver to cover the time it’d take to package up and then the cost of postage. For how long it takes, it’s no great shakes really.

Fair enough, they’ll probably not make any money out of processing it for you, but they may well take the same, longer term view that I did.

nasher
    Free Member

call the SRAM tech centre in windsor, they may warranty it for you..

[/url]

Gotama
    Free Member

Or pick up some consumables whilst you’re in there if they say they’ll send it back for you. Lube, magazine….whatever. Package it up and pop in, see what they say. As it happens my reverb is borked again but out of the warranty, losing the faith even though i really like the thing.

Ewan
    Free Member

I had this issue – brought from Germany. Spoke to the fishers guy at a race and he said it had to go via a bike shop as they weren’t set up to handle individual returns.

Went into Evans in woking and asked if they would and even phrased it as “feel free to tell me i’m taking the proverbial” and the guy looked at me like I was mental and said of course they would return it for me. Back inside of a the week. Great service from Evans and Fishers.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Reverb warranty – direct to Fisher?’ is closed to new replies.