Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Reverb vs Gravity Dropper LP Multi
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

My xmas pessie is to be a dropper post but trying to decide between the above 2 any real world experiences would be appreciated, have read reviews but also seen a lot of posts on here about reverb problems.

Speeder

Pretty simple answer – if it’ll fit your bike (seat tube of 30.9 or bigger) then Reverb. Anything smaller then GD.

(I’ve had both)

rotary
    Free Member

had the GD turbo then went to a reverb and never looked back

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I have no idea about GD posts, but I’ve just had my reverb replaced beyond the warranty period. For that, I’m in. 😀

warpcow
    Free Member

Depends what you want. They both ultimately do the same job, just in different ways. The Reverb does it all with greater finesse, but is ever-so-slightly more tempremental. The GD is industrial in action, ugly, but a little more reliable because it’s more forgiving of cack-handedness/lack of love.

Personally, I see the Reverb remote (that it’s fragile, hydraulic and expensive) as being a major downside. I’d look at a KS Lev if infinite-adjustment was demanded.

vondally
    Free Member

GD fan here bought second hand the mechanism detached as in the magnetic bolt sent to usa for $18 renewed replaced and repaired with outstanding service. Great in the mud and crap, works and is just FIAF.

rOcKeTdOg

I have no idea about GD posts, but I’ve just had my reverb replaced beyond the warranty period. For that, I’m in.

Or buy something reliable that you don’t have to send back. Personally I’d rather be riding than posting & waiting

Lummox

Merlin’s doing reverbs starting from 175, luckily the cheapest was the one I was after

420, 125 drop in 31.6 with lh remote (oe model)

fudge9202
    Free Member

Just looked on GD website, no 31.6 without a shim and Transition invalidate the Bandit warrant if you use a shim, so looks like a reverb.

Simon

How would Transition know if you’d ever used a post with a shim?

fudge9202
    Free Member

Simon good question but I spent six months fighting them to have a frame replaced under warranty for paint falling off the frame, don’t fancy the same type of problem over a shim. Will probably fall on the side of caution!

chiefgrooveguru

I have a 31.6mm Gravity Dropper Turbo LP, so they definitely exist! Incidentally I’m about to swap the main body for a 30.9mm, as the new full-sus I bought it for looks like it’s going to have a smaller seat tube than planned, so if you want this brand new unused example (so I can buy a 30.9 and save myself a rebuild) I’m sure we can come a suitable arrangement. I have a 27.2 GD Classic on my hardtail and they’re so reliable and easy to maintain (and light!) compared to everything else.

johnhe

I own a single position GD and a Reverb. I think that warpcow above has got it exactly right. On my main bike at home, I prefer to use my Reverb – looks better, works brilliantly.

I’ve had one provblem with each post, and both seem to be quite common issues –

1. The release mechanism came off my GD. The good news is that GD fixed this FOC even though I admitted that the post was out of warranty and I wasn’t the original owner. I think that this part was redesigned and is now fixed to the post more permanently rather than glued, so I don’t think this is an issue with modern GD’s.
    GD’s service was quite simply superb.
    2. When my Reverb was almost new I had a crash and the pipe pulled out of the bar mounted lever. It was a bitch to get the correct part and have this re-fitted. In the 18 months since then I have not had the slightest, single problem with my Reverb.

When I go biking on hols, I prefer to take my GD – it’s simple stupid which is great. But it’s ugly.
    At home, I prefer to use my Reverb which is the best pieve of kit I have ever had on a bike.

Rather than swapping my post from bike to bike, I’m thinking of buying a second hand, multi position GD. But for my main bike, I woudl prefer to have the Reverb.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    I have no idea about GD posts, but I’ve just had my reverb replaced beyond the warranty period. For that, I’m in.
    Or buy something reliable that you don’t have to send back. Personally I’d rather be riding than posting & waiting
    POSTED 1 DAY AGO # REPORT-POST

It was one of the early models, and 2 1/2 years old, so can’t really moan. I was without one for four days, in which time I rode another of my bikes. Hardly a hardship, and I now have a brand new post. Amazing how many people whine and moan about reverb reliability, yet regale in tales of hopes warranty. No irony required.

puntopete
    Free Member

When I was looking for a dropper post, I saw a number of threads about snapped GD multi’s. I’d no intention of buying a GD, they don’t fit my bike anyway, but I’d rather have a blown seal than a snapped post…

Due to my frame type and being a short-arse, my only option is a reverb, I’m happy with that.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Just informed the missus to get me a reverb for my bandit, that’s my Xmas pressie sorted. Cheers for the input.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Reverb vs Gravity Dropper LP Multi’ is closed to new replies.