Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Reverb – versions and remote mounting
  • ashfanman
    Free Member

Looking to finally take the plunge and get myself a Reverb, but was wondering about which side remote to get. I’m keen to fit it below the bars on the left side, which I think means I need a right-hand side version and then fit it upside down? Is there room to do this with shifters on that side also, or does that only work with single-ring setups? (X0 with Elixir CR brakes, if that makes a difference.)

Also, I’m not exactly sure which of the various versions is correct. I’m basically looking for the longest post and longest drop available in 31.6mm, which as far as I can tell is 125mm drop and a 420mm post?

Finally, where’s best for prices nowadays? I’ve seen one at Bike-Discount.de for €239 (here) – is that as good as I’ll get?

Ta muchly.

daveh
    Free Member

As far as I know:

Yes. Yes (can take a bit of fiddling though), no.

Yes.

UK supplied can be had from £190+, Germany supplied can be had from Eur210 or thereabouts, it just depends when you pull the trigger.

honourablegeorge

Mounting a right hand one under the bars on the left works very well for 1×10, might be tricky with a shifter in the way, but if you get an MMX one, you can always mount it above the bars on the right and mate it to your X0 shifter with the MMX clamp if mounting underneath doesn’t work.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I bought the right hand remote to fit underneath on the left. I am currently running 2 x 9 and it didn’t quite work unless I fitted it so far inboard that I couldn’t reach it due to the shifter position even though I am using Hope Brakes with XTR and have the Hope matchmaker clamps. I am now used to it being on the right hand side and can find it easily.
    Lovely bit of kit though, I now use it far more often than I ever thought I would, certainly more than my granny ring.

creamegg
    Free Member

Got right hand remote on mine with the intention of fitting it on the left upside down but I cant get it to work with my shifters and brakes so it’s currently on the right (top). Quite like the position of it but could be vulnerable to damage in a crash. Already broken the barb once. That’s not to say it won’t work with your setup on the left but the position of brakes and shifters take priority on my bike.

ashfanman
    Free Member

UK supplied can be had from £190+, Germany supplied can be had from Eur210 or thereabouts, it just depends when you pull the trigger.

It needs to be within the next three weeks and ideally within the next fortnight. Do you know of anywhere currently any cheaper than €239?

if you get an MMX one, you can always mount it above the bars on the right and mate it to your X0 shifter with the MMX clamp if mounting underneath doesn’t work.

Presumably there would be no way to MMX mount it below the bars?

Anyone manage to run it under the bars with shifters on the same side and make everything fit?

daveh
    Free Member

£194 (with Topcashback, bleed kit extra)

Eur209

I have Hayes HFX9 brakes with Deore shifters and i managed to squeeze it in upside down on the left OK. From the above posts it looks as though you need wise council from someone with your exact setup.

🙂

davosaurusrex

I ordered one from Merlin a couple of weeks back but it hasn’t turned up. Not Merlin’s fault but I’ve had a few things sent via Royal Mail go missing lately. Anyway, paid £180 with no bleed kit, collar, box etc. Merlin are refunding me and I ordered one from Hibike.de late on Thursday, 30.9 125mm drop 420mm, right hand clamp. Had 4 or 5 emails informing of progress, delivered to work this morning. Boxed, bleed kit, collar, MMX doodid, the lot. £179.50 delivered (208.99 Euro plus 9.90 shipping). Looks a lovely bit of kit. First thing I’ve ordered from Germany, highly recommended.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yes. Hope tech levers and xt shifters. Left hand side. Grip, shifter, reverb, brake, stem

devs
    Free Member

Got mine for £179 on Merlin. Still that price now. No bleed kit though but I didn’t need one. Apparently hibike works out at £171 inc bleed kit.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I figured it would be better on the left, up-side-down, as you don’t use that shifter as much, so I bought a right hand one. It didn’t work tho, for me. had to put the remote too far in bar which made it difficult to use in anger. up-side-down and back-to-front I’ve settled on. It fits nicely right by the right grip and shifter paddles, from the grip I can now change gear and drop the post with only slight twiddling of thumb and finger. So, had I known this before purchase, I would have actually bought a left hand remote.
    I have xt shifters and 2012 xt brakes BTW

daveh
    Free Member

Quite right devs, missed the discount, make that £175 from Merlin with Topcashback.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

As above in pics, controls aren’t obstructed. Not sure if it would work with other controls tho. As said, given the option again, I would have bought a left remote to do this on the other side.

gb1m
    Free Member

I had elixir r with sram x9 with matchmakers and also right hand remote Tried fitting it under the left hand side of the bar but the shape of the brake leavers meant it was to far inboard meaning you had to stretch your thumb to reach it.

I ended up fitting it on top on the right next to the grip but managed to break it after an OTB crash . Have now upgraded brakes to hope tech and there lever design means you have alot more room to play with, so I now have it underneath on the left.

I do have to stretch me thumb a little bit but its not that bad.

I’ll take pic tomorrow night and post it up.

messiah
    Free Member

This works great for me.

rickmeister

Working on the left, upside down here. Fitted neatly and removed the shifter windows helped a lot. Its under the bars and a bit less vunerable.

I chose the left as I thought that there would be enough going on with front brake and rear mech shifting on the right…

HTH

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Right, thats my shed mission for tonight then. Good piccy’s. After messing about with this for a while I wouldn’t have believed had I not seen it.

gb1m
    Free Member

ashfanman
    Free Member

Looks good – thanks all. I’m going to go for the right-hand remote version and see if I can’t squeeze it under the bars on the left. Will let you know how I get on.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Reverb – versions and remote mounting’ is closed to new replies.