Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Reverb V KS LEV…… is it worth £100 more?
  • marko75
    Free Member

Its Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to quote some dodgy brummie!

So looking at getting a dropper seat post and think that the LEV is the for me – but is it worth the £100 extra? I like the fixed hose on the KS but lots of people rave about reverbs. I am on the 90kg size of things with plenty of relaxed muscle – if that helps the opinion.

Cheers everyone!

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Had a non-remote KS. It worked, didn’t break,
    Bought a Reverb, it’s worked, hasn’t broken, remote is massively useful. Cable flapping around is very annoying.

marko75
    Free Member

cheers! remote ks it is!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sprocker
    Free Member

Had a supernatural ks with remote and now have a reverb. Got fed up with it packing up all the time due to grime in the cable. Seems likely the lev is better but not been out for that long, reverb has been perfect for the 1st couple of months. Don’t mind the cable on the reverb the stick on cable guides form m part help.

FuzzyWuzzy

Had my Lev since they came out, it’s been caked in mud a few times since and hosed down when cleaning the bike and I haven’t had to touch it yet maintenance-wise (only thing I do is spray a bit of fork juice on it and try and lift the dirt out of the seals). Not sure it’s worth the extra over the Reverb for everyone but for me I didn’t want something else that needed bleeding or a big loop of cable when dropped. The remote on the Lev is also very neat (assuming you ride lock-ons anyhow).

mmel
    Free Member

So I’ve not had my LEV for a long, only used it properly once. I can’t really talk of reliability but I do love it.

I’ve spent the best part of a year trying to decide between the Reverb and the LEV but the cable entry and the fact you don’t need to bleed anything swung it for me. Oh, and you can disconnect the cable and remove the post in seconds should you need to.

Get one 😉

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Having tried a Lev, and documented the 3 seperate failures on here, I wouldn’t even think of one. The only redeaming feature it had over the Reverb was the fixed cable point.

The sheer fact of RS being behind the product means (in my experience) if there is a problem, it’s sorted very quickly & cery little inconvenience.

So far my ongoing experience of dealing with KS/Distributors has been the polar opposite.

alfabus
    Free Member

Reverbs are £165 from bike-discount at the moment 🙂

Dave

FuzzyWuzzy

@HobNob – your issues seem to be problems from the factory rather than failures in use, there have been plenty of Reverb delivered with issues. Your warranty is with the shop you bought it from (in my case Wiggle) not the distributor. I’m not a massive KS fanboi but yours is the only problems I’ve seen posted about the Lev and they seem QC issues rather than a fundamental flaw with the product (like the Kronolog has).

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

@HobNob – your issues seem to be problems from the factory rather than failures in use, there have been plenty of Reverb delivered with issues. Your warranty is with the shop you bought it from (in my case Wiggle) not the distributor. I’m not a massive KS fanboi but yours is the only problems I’ve seen posted about the Lev and they seem QC issues rather than a fundamental flaw with the product (like the Kronolog has).

This is true – it would appear from my (albeit limited) experience there is a serious lack of QC at KS. Having had a bit of a look around there does seem to be a few issues with the Lev, so mine is not a unique situation.

Yes, there have been a number of Reverb failures, but considering the numbers of them out there, there will always be proportionately more, it’s by far the biggest selling dropper post out there.

The failure itself isn’t the issue for me, it’s the process surrounding it & resulting support. As I mentioned previously my experience of Fishers resolving my issue with a reverb was faultless. Yes my warranty is with the shop I purchased it from, but like most, this is an item that would either be sent off to be repaired or replaced accordingly. It’s a process that takes time. In my experience, a lot longer in this instance, with a few more hurdles.

Onzadog
    Free Member

For me, needing a 27.2 makes the lev worth the extra (when its a available). For a 31.6, no it’s not worth the extra.

JoeG
    Free Member

I chose the Lev over the Reverb for 2 reasons.

1. The fixed cable routing of the Lev was a (+).

2. The Reverb hydraulic remote was a (-).

LBS recommends reverbs to most folks.

SOAP
    Free Member

Yes it is!

svalgis
    Free Member

For me, needing a 27.2 makes the lev worth the extra (when its a available). For a 31.6, no it’s not worth the extra.

Yeah, I’d imagine it’s not worth much at all if you can’t use it. 😛

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Reverb V KS LEV…… is it worth £100 more?’ is closed to new replies.