Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Reverb stealth…where to get repaired
  • russyh
    Free Member

Hi guys,
    My reverb has developed a sag of about 20mm I have checked the usual stuff. The post came fitted to a second hand bike I purchased so no warranty. Has anyone got any advise as to whom maybe able to repair it? Don’t really want the post off the bike for ages as I am booked in for uplift at BPW next Monday. Or am I asking for a massive bill and would be better off buying another one? And selling this one as spares?

Many thanks

Russ

Leigh2612
    Free Member

Get your LBS to send to Fishers?

russyh
    Free Member

It came with the bike and as such not bought from LBS and will be out of warranty because of this. Are fishers not just going to want to replace with new? Have you had experience of them repairing them, if so what kind of bill did you have?

Cheers

GolfChick
    Free Member

I also have a problem with my reverb doing this, its out of warranty now so I’m wondering whether the cost is going to be great enough to justify a far more serviceable thomson dropper…..

russyh
    Free Member

I am thinking the same, I have found a company that will service and repair for £55, which sounds brilliant although almost too good to be true. I have had loads of reverbs over the years and all have had problems. My old KS Lev was faultless it really was. Will report back when I receive post back from repairers unless anyone else can recommend somewhere else.

Mugboo

Just use an old fashioned seat post at BPW and leave it dropped, then take your time to choose the right place to get it fixed.

pbooker1995
    Free Member

If your on good terms with your LBS then get them to send it back to Fishers. They will very likely replace it for a brand new boxed one, even if its out of warranty. Worst case is they charge you £75 for a full service.

russyh
    Free Member

Thought of that mugboo, sadly it would involve me buying one.

iain1775
    Free Member

I am thinking the same, I have found a company that will service and repair for £55, which sounds brilliant although almost too good to be true.

My local ‘man in garage fixing bikes’ type business Belper Bikes charges £50 for a reverb service, he did mine that had the same dropping an inch issue, including replacing most of the seals for £54 (he needed a few more seals than if it was a standard service
    It is honestly, after a good few rides on it, better than it was from new, there is zero play at all

So no reason why £50 should be too good to be true

Mugboo

What size do you need? I have a spare 31.6 if your local to Brighouse?

grahamt1980

Where services for £55. Have got the same issue with my stealth reverb.
    Would like to get it fixed

19ninety
    Free Member

SRAM are pretty good about fixing their problematic dropper posts.
    Call you LBS, they can handle the warranty return on your behalf. Last time I was charged a few quid, took about a week to get a new post back though…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Reverb stealth…where to get repaired’ is closed to new replies.