Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Reverb Stealth – returning too fast following remote lever bleed.
  • Flapjack
    Free Member

So….. Fitted my new Reverb Stealth last week including trimming the hose down and all seemed fine other than the button feeling a bit soft and not offering enough resistance, so tonight I decided to give the remote a quick bleed following the SRAM YouTube video to the letter and sure enough some air bubbles flowed into the syringe……. all back together and button now feels much firmer – happy days, except that now even on the slowest setting it is returning the post at breakneck speed and barely any slower than in the fast setting. It’s more like a bloody ejector seat than a dropper post!

What have I done and how do I fix it? 😀

All advice gratefully received.

Thanks FJ.

thebrowndog
    Free Member

Sounds like mine – speed dial thingy makes little or no difference. Given the experiences of some on here, Im just glad it works at all and have learned to keep the plums out of its trajectory.

chickenman

Bleed the whole thing will solve this..well it did for me.

alextemper
    Free Member

What position was the speed barrel in when you did the bleed? Can make a difference to return speed.

Flapjack
    Free Member

Panic over – basically I had over filled/pressurised it, so just let out some of the fluid by removing the bleed screw and closing the speed barrel a few turns pushing fluid out, replaced bleed screw and hey presto – all good!

Thanks to the above for their help. Thebrowndog – you may want to try this, it may just help you if you’re thinking of starting a family in the future!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Reverb Stealth – returning too fast following remote lever bleed.’ is closed to new replies.