Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Reverb Stealth removal
  • DezB
    Free Member

Gotta get the post off/ out. I’ve been told that i won’t need to cut the hose… so here’s the hole in the frame…

Which end fits through there? or do I just remove the fittings from the hose without cutting it?

singlespeedstu

Just unscrew the remote lever and pull the hose through.

DezB
    Free Member

ok, simple as that… cool 🙂

otsdr
    Free Member

Butbut…won’t it leak? I thought that’s what the Connectamajig was for.

teethgrinder

Connectamajig doesn’t always fit the hole. It certainly doesn’t on a Banshee Spitfire.

DezB
    Free Member

Leak? the thing is pissing fluid inside my frame. S’why I’ve gotta remove it.

teethgrinder

Just undo it from the remote, then use fire to remove the spilled oil.

stevextc
    Free Member

Leak? the thing is pissing fluid inside my frame. S’why I’ve gotta remove it.

On the plus side its oil not DOT … so long as it doesn’t get within 30m of SRAM brakes everything will be fine… 😀 (Well apart from the Reverb)

Reverbs will never be fine… .. its like a insistent child with needing my attention and demanding everything be it’s way… course 5nm is too slack and 5.5 too tight… its like freakin goldilocks .. remove saddle and pull the thing out to bleed… AGGHHHGGGHHH .. when it does die finally I’ll replace with a non hydraulic one doesn’t need bleeding all the time

DezB
    Free Member

then use fire to remove the spilled oil

Just dropped a match into my frame…. 🙁

DezB
    Free Member

Seriously though – I pull that hose through the frame… they send me back the fixed post – there is no chance in hell of me being able to rereoute that hose through the frame from the post end… should i order a length of hose and a connectamajig before removing? or is there some piece of magic I’m missing…

beer247
    Free Member

1. Unscrew remote from hose (hold the hose and twist the remote)

2. Screw one side of red barbed connector into hose (should have come with reverb)

3. Get a length of brake hose/gear housing and screw onto other end of red barbed connector (ensure hose/housing is long enough to go from bars to top of seat tube.

4. Undo seat clamp and remove post – gently! The reverb hose will pull the housing/hose through your frame.

5. When the barbed connector appears at the top of the seat tube, unscrew from your reverb hose, leaving the housing/hose in situ.

6. Reinstall reverb remote and send off for service/warranty etc.

7. To re-install, reverse the steps!

DezB
    Free Member

Thanks beer247 – that’s what I thought I’d have to do – the barb connector is the mystery ingredient. Will have to find the Reverb box and have a check through all the bits 🙂

Rubber_Buccaneer

Screw one side of red barbed connector into hose

I thought it was a brass thing with threads both ends but otherwise the instructions are spot on. I’m sure I have a spare if you can’t find yours

Rubber_Buccaneer

He’s right, they are red. I’d post a pic up but can’t work out what hosting still actually works 🙁

Anyway, I’ve messaged you Dez

pedlad

Thread re-ignition!

I’ve a stick down reverb – let air out and you can raise it by hand but add pressure and it sucks down – after new bleed.

So about to seek professional help (for the seatpost !) and will do the above to take it off the bike, but:

Assuming they can fix it doesn’t disconnecting the remote, adding barb to pull through then reconnecting allow air in, knackering the pro’s bleed ?

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

are you sending your reverb back as well, i took mine out yesterday,

one thing i tried to remind myself was to measure the length, so when i get it back i can cut it to length without any messing.. i forgot

pedlad

Was going to try local bike shop rather than post away to tf tuned, as it’s well out of warranty……but good tip on cable length for if they fit a new one

DezB
    Free Member

doesn’t disconnecting the remote, adding barb to pull through then reconnecting allow air in, knackering the pro’s bleed

IIRC mine didn’t need another bleed when I got it back. Was a year ago though 😀

carlos
    Free Member

Assuming they can fix it doesn’t disconnecting the remote, adding barb to pull through then reconnecting allow air in, knackering the pro’s bleed ?

A little yes but not much. Simple to sort too

Fit the reverb as normal including lever
    Don’t active it just yet but turn the speed dial to fully open
    Connect up 1x syringe to the lever and pull gently to draw air into syringe
    Press syringe to push fluid into lever and the plunger will pop out
    Whilst still pressing the syringe, press plunger a couple of times
    Remove syringe, re-fit the grub screw and you should be all good

pedlad

ta

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Reverb Stealth removal’ is closed to new replies.