Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Reverb Stealth Problem
  • burnside81
    Free Member

Wondering if anybody can point me in the right direction.
    My reverb stealth slowly works itself down during a ride without me ever pressing the lever. Does this indicate that it needs a pressure top up or a bleed or maybe a sign of a bigger problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris.

robarnold
    Free Member

I had a problem with mine last week whereby it developed ‘sag’ when fully extended. It basically would compress an inch in any position and have ‘squish’ rather than sitting solidly at the stopped position. I bled it numerous times then checked the pressure (schraeder valve under seat clamp accessed using a socket) and it showed the recommended 250psi. No success unfortunately so I emailed Fishers warranty dept through their website and they got back to me straight away. They asked me to send it back for inspection via my LBS despite me having bought it from Germany. Still waiting for it back or a replacement at the time of writing.

The moral of this rather long and convoluted story is bleed it, check the pressure and if all else fails, email Fishers Outdoor Leisure and I’m sure they’ll sort it. They’ve always been very good at warranty stuff in my experience (I suppose dealing with SRAM they’d have to be!)

Hope that helps

racingsnail
    Free Member

I was just about to post this exact problem with my Reverb. Mine is 6 months old, is it a warranty issue or just needing a service? The manual is quite clear on seals etc. being wear and tear but there’s nothing about service intervals.

Robarnold did you get a time for how long the post should be away from?

boltonjon

SRAM are great – had both mine replaced by new, normally within 2 weeks

robhughes
    Free Member

That’s good to hear robarnold as i’m waiting for mine to arrive from the Zee mother land… 😀

burnside81
    Free Member

Thanks for the input guys. Don’t fancy faffing with the internal routing so I suppose it will have to go via my LBS. it’s only 5 months old.

robarnold
    Free Member

racingsnail, nothing as yet, they just said send it back for inspection. Been about 5 days so far

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Reverb Stealth Problem’ is closed to new replies.