Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Reverb Stealth Installation Help
  • mancian
    Free Member

Hi.

Just bought myself a Reverb Stealth off the forums for my Mega Tr. Just after some advice wether I can install it myself or would I need to get it to a bike shop.

It’s only internal up the seat tube on the Mega Tr.

Can anyone give me a guide/what tools I’ll need or post a link to something on the net.

Thanks

Ian

mancian
    Free Member

Cool. So I’ll need a bleed kit?

SirHC

It will need bleeding,so yes.

GavinB

I didn’t need to bleed mine, although probably worth being able to do it, just in case something goes wrong.

I followed this installation vid from Santa Cruz, and it worked fine. Without a bleed, should take about 5-10 mins. Basically, turn speed dial to fully slow, unscrew hose from post, feed through frame, screw post back on to hose (trim hose optional), zip-tie hose to frame, fit remote to bars (trim hose optional).

http://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en/us/node/506

jimw
    Free Member

I put one on my Canyon, it had the connectamajig and it took about 2 minutes to feed up the seat tube, about 20 to get the hose tidied up on the frame and shorten the hose. I didn’t need to bleed it and it hasn’t needed to be bled since-about 8 months use. Bleeding is very straightforward with the kit, I have done it on two other reverbs.

cultsdave
    Free Member

If you make sure no fluid falls out the button when removing it, you shouldn’t need to bleed it. It will come with instructions on how to fit and really is quite simple.

mancian
    Free Member

Cheers people. Should hopefully have it fitted by the end of the week. Hopefully without a bleed kit too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Reverb Stealth Installation Help’ is closed to new replies.