Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Reverb stealth frozen
  • markiemark666
    Free Member

Has anyone got any tips on how to fix this..

Ok so I have broken it I’m first to admit it. It was working fine till i put a new seat post clamp on (did it quickly yanked post out in freezing cold without disconnecting anything, squeezed clamp on) it looks good but post won’t drop and release button can’t be pressed its frozen solid.

Any tips please?

Oh and I’m first to admit I’m a novice so no silly remarks just genuine help

tillydog
    Free Member

Check you haven’t kinked the hose

stevied
    Free Member

no silly remarks

Can we post silly re-markiemarks ? 😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

And the torque setting on the seat clamp, My stealth seems to be far more sensitive to even the slightest raise in torque.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

How did you get the seatpost clamp on without disconnecting anything? Is it a split clamp or something? If you did disconnect the hose, then it may need a bleed.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

yep, I’ve done this. Left too much hose in the seattube and it kinked when post lowered into tube.

jam-bo

if you can’t depress the lever then kinked hose might be the problem.

Northwind

Hose is kinked, I bet you 20 scottish pence. Probably be fine once you straighten it. Or, you’ll be looking down the hose to see what happens and you’ll get sprayed in the face, like in TV.

markiemark666
    Free Member

I haven’t had time to have a look was just thinking about it so thought I would get some advice before I get my hands dirty.
    No I never disconnected hose I managed to force clamp through it I don’t think I kinked it as I did have it held upright although I was yanking on it a bit. Possibly tightened it a bit tight to will check. Thanks

jam-bo

if you pulled hose through into the frame when you ‘yanked’ it, there will bo too much hose in the frame now and it’ll kink when you put it back in.

markiemark666
    Free Member

ISSUE RESOLVED ! Thank you fellow bike enthusiasts. Kinked hose through to much “Yanking”. (delayed response i know but the mrs limits my internet abuse)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Reverb stealth frozen’ is closed to new replies.