Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Reverb Stealth Connectamajig help.
  • mancian
    Free Member

Hi.

Just got a reverb stealth today off the forums and it has the Connectamajig on it. It came with the instructions on how to use it but I’m still confused what to do.

I am being dense but could someone explain the process of using it verbally. I.e what order to turn/tighten stuff.

Help much appreciated.

Ian

benpinnick

The knurled black part is the female ‘nut’ to the matt silver part on the end of the hose; the male ‘bolt’ part. They can be mega stiff so you’d think you were doing it wrong. Best way is to use a spanner on the little face on the base of the black part, and another on the top of the matt silver end of the hose to hold it still, just unwind the black bit off like a nut.

Once separated its all totally obvious.

jimw
    Free Member

What he said^
    I needed to use the correct spanners to get enough purchase, 9mm on the upper part, 6mm on lower.
    Hold the lower stationary with the 6mm, then turn the 9mm anti clockwise as viewed from the top of the post.

https://www.sram.com/cdn/farfuture/ct822FjFYQkaIQiyxUppONPCBC8QQQ8dVFFcaF1UKNw/mtime:1397234496/sites/default/files/techdocs/95-4218-000-000_rev_a_connectamajig_-_reverb.pdf

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mancian
    Free Member

So when unwinding the black nut, the post will have to turn with it too? The cable you just hold still with the spanner on the silver nut?

jimw
    Free Member

No, the post stays still, the black rotates on the fitting in the base of the post, and is ‘captive’ on it, the lower part is pulled onto the seal on the fitting inside the rotating black nut, if you see what I mean. As soon as it loosens, it becomes obvious as benpinnick says.
    Cross sectional drawing here;
    https://sram-cdn-pull-zone-gsdesign.netdna-ssl.com/cdn/farfuture/BCz0vzbS1iJIRMm5TLfcK2GTA271KEpNXG77YGghuys/mtime:1372788233/sites/default/files/my14-connectamajig-pic.jpg

mancian
    Free Member

Think I get you now. The Connectamajig is two separate peices?

benpinnick

Yes its a combination of the part attached to the post, and the part crimped onto the end of the hose. Basically in simple terms you screw the hose into the knurled black part attached to the base of the post, but as the knurled black part spins freely its easier to turn that and hold the hose still rather than the other way round in order to ensure that you dont damage the hose.

mancian
    Free Member

Nice one, cheers. Just ordered a set of mini spanners off ebay for £7 so will get the post on my mega when they arrive.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Reverb Stealth Connectamajig help.’ is closed to new replies.