Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Reverb Stealth bleed challenges…
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Jeez – had to replace the host on my Reverb after swapping it to a new bike – it was slightly too short. Having a mare!

It previously had a connectamaij on it but had to remove that. So I’ve put the hose on with the new barb, tightened it all up. Followed the SRAM instructional vid as usual to bleed it and initially it didn’t work. So re-bled it and got it to work a few times. Left it and came back a few hours later and no longer worked.

So re-bled it and got it to work once then stopped working. So re-bled and got it to depress then wouldn’t extend. Tried a few times since and no joy – not sure if I’ve got an air lock or something.

Any ideas?

strike
    Free Member

Bleeding the Reverb does, in my experience, take quite a while to purge all the air. Just keep on bleeding as per SRAM instructions and eventually you’ll start to make progress. I think the last time I did mine it took 3 evenings of bleeds to get it working spot-on!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Will do, although I’m at BPW tomorrow!!! 😕 Argh!

nonk
    Free Member

Make sure you bleed it with the barrel on the lever all the way out
    Then wind it back in once you’ve got all the bleed screws back in

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Sussed it – looks like I didn’t put the barb on quite right so tiny oil leak from barb

darrenspink
    Free Member

I grew to hate my reverb stealth for shit like this.

– Have you checked the hosing to make sure theres no kink in it?
    – Made sure you’re turning the speed adjuster the correct way before bleeding?
    – If you ‘just’ do a remote bleed do you get any bubbles when pulling the syringe up?
    – When you push the button in, then push the syringe down does it extend, and is it firm? 😆

Have you checked the hose in connected at each end properly? Maybe try removing and redoing.

strike
    Free Member

Thankfully once it has been bled it does behave until taken apart again!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Had to go and by a proper 7mm spanner rather than use an adjustable – but turned out I hadn’t put the barb in properly – so oil was leaking out.

Sorted now

But I’ve found a tiny red o-ring left over. God knows where this has come from.

coatesy
    Free Member

Check your bleed syringe fittings, they usually have red O-rings to seal up the bleed port.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Thanks – been trying to think what on my bike would have a red o-ring – what is worse is I can remember seeing one but not where.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Reverb Stealth bleed challenges…’ is closed to new replies.