Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Reverb Stealth – Beeding … pain…
  • Big-M
    Free Member

I’ve fitted my Reverb stealth to my bike, bit of a pain as I needed to use a new hose. I’ve tried to bleed it and I’m having no joy at all.

I get to a point where using both syringes I can push one in and the other rises, so assume no air in the system, button it all back up at the post, bleed the lever, refit the bleed screw, press lever and nothing, it goes straight to the bar. Bleed the lever again and get the same result.

I’m assuming that there is air trapped somewhere in the hose, possibly where the hose twists and turns through the frame.

My next thought is to remove the system from the frame, bleed it until, it’s working, then, remove the lever, block off the hose, refit to the frame, then refit and bleed the button.

Anyone got any other ideas…

ta.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Are you swapping between syringes to push/pull? You’re supposed to do it a few times to get any bubbles out.

Big-M
    Free Member

Using 2 syringes, pumping the fluid back and fore…

Gotama
    Free Member

Have you turned your speed dial thing to slowest when bleeding as that can trap air? No leaks at either end I presume? Enough hose to have a look at the bottom of the post to make sure its not leaking there? Have you put air in it?!

Big-M
    Free Member

I doesn’t seem to be any leaks… and I bled with the speed adjuster at slow and at fast…

Haven’t checked the air, but it was all working before I fitted it.. so assume it just needs a decent bleed, hence my thinking about doing that outside the bike

razorrazoo

Not got your seat clamp bolted up too tight so the post won’t drop (just a thought)?

strike
    Free Member

I had all this.

First of all, follow the SRAM video about Reverb bleeding (on Youtube) to the letter BUT do everything even more.

What I also did was pull on each syringe at a time to create suction – this pulled out loads of air bubbles, especially at the remote lever.

wagenwheel

Have you bled the lever, after bleeding the system?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Reverb Stealth – Beeding … pain…’ is closed to new replies.