Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Reverb slow to move, will bleed solve it?
  • dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Got my reverb serviced by tftuned a little while ago and it’s always been on the slow side to move – despite correct air pressure.
    Will a bleed help speed it up or would it be oil inside the unit?
    Ta

luket

A remote system bleed has solved slow movement for me in the past. And it’s easy so you might as well do it if you have the bleed kit.

tomaso
    Free Member

Also undo the big nut that holds the seal and lube it.

DickBarton

Check you haven’t overtightened your seat clamp. Have you adjusted the dial on the remote lever to adjust speed of return?

benpinnick

As mentioned a bleed will normally sort, just dont forget to do it in full slow.

MartynS

Another one to suggest checking the speed dial. I find a sure fire way of knowing if it needs a bleed is turning to full slow and if it is either very hard to push down or very slow to return it proberbly needs looking at

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

ahhhhh i did a bleed at full fast but it still made it better, will doing it at full slow make it even better?

MartynS

Have a look at the epic bleed solutions web site, there’s a good “how to”

I’d suggest just doing the lever for now. Get it parallel with the ground, turn to full slow and screw on the syringe with a bit of oil. If you apply a bit of pressure you should see the lever extend a bit. With pressure on the syringe pump the lever a few times. Turn to full fast and again with pressure on the syringe pump the lever again. Repeat a few times, but finish on slow, put some pressure on the syringe just before you unscrew, release pressure, put grub screw back and test..!

andeh

Mine was veeeerry slow this week, was dreading having to bleed it (remembering bleeding Avids back int’ day) but it was actually incredibly straight forward.

If you bought the post new, it comes with everything you need, even the torx key.

[video]http://youtu.be/XnIss2fOn3k[/video]

benpinnick

ahhhhh i did a bleed at full fast but it still made it better, will doing it at full slow make it even better?

Yes – the slow setting increases the system volume, meaning less oil moves and so the lock is released ‘less’ hence its slower. If you bleed on fast you don’t put enough oil in the system to ever fully release the lock. Put another way I find bleeding on fast tends to lead to it working like its half slow when fully fast, and not working at all when its on full slow.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Reverb slow to move, will bleed solve it?’ is closed to new replies.