Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Reverb side to side play.
  • mactheknife

I know this is a common issue with Reverb’s but it’s starting to really annoy me. Has anyone ever cured this? Happy to have it properly serviced if there is a ray of hope 😀

caspian
    Free Member

I cured mine by allowing it to cease up completely. Kind of like a normal seatpost now only more expensive and has an ugly cable hanging off it

Rockplough
    Free Member

How much play are we talking? A little bit of play isn’t an ‘issue’, it’s as designed. You don’t feel it in the saddle.

mactheknife

I feel it quite a bit when riding. It looks like 5mm roughly when I move it side to side by hand.

iainc

5mm is quite a lot, worth actually measuring how much it does move at saddle tip – I thought mine was quite a lot until I measured it at under 1.5mm each way, so less than 3mm, which apparently is quite normal

mactheknife

Mmm will do. It might just be a case of once I noticed it then it’s in my head while I am riding.

iainc

that’s what I found, asked about it on here, measured it, asked the LBS, all told me it was fine and now I tend not to notice it 🙂

(I will admit to having ‘wiggled a few other folks ones too’ 🙂 )

mactheknife

Nice one, cheers 😀

wobbliscott
    Free Member

It’s top bush wear. It’s designed to do that, it’s a sacrificial part to protect the post stanchion. An easy job to do by the looks of it, mine will need doing this year. If there is rotational play then the key ways will want replacing too.

gg14
    Free Member

I have the same issue (non-issue?) with my 2014 giant contact. Don’t notice it when in the saddle though.

Onzadog
    Free Member

How come this much play is acceptable on a seatpost but no one would be happy with a fork that did this? It’s not just a rotational issue either, think of a lefty.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Reverb side to side play.’ is closed to new replies.