Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Reverb servicing – who has stock?
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

As of this weekend my Reverb has some very nasty scratches down the back of the seat post. I don’t want to use it and make it worse, so decided to get it serviced. Spoke to TF Tuned earlier and they – and apparently others – are out of stock of the replacement seals (or something) for Reverb servicing.

Anyone know of anywhere who has stock of the parts for Reverb servicing, including the seat post itself?

aazlad
    Free Member

Mine’s been great since having it serviced last year with the same signs of wear. Try these chaps:

Welcome

Speak to Steve or Josh and tell them Aaron sent ya!

Also used these chaps in the past:

http://www.reboundsuspension.co.uk/

snooze
    Free Member

Similar experience. I tried to book a reverb service with TF Tuned on line, but the website wouldn’t accept the booking. Rang them up and was told that they were taking no more bookings as they had run out of service kits and parts for reverbs and had been waiting for these from the SRAM distributor Fishers since November. They accepted a booking since I had a basic seal service kit. However when they got it apart it needs more parts, so I am now scouring the internet try to find the required part, only place I have found so far is in the US.

I have a sneaking feeling that by the time I get this sorted it’s going to cost as much as a new Brand X Ascend post………….

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies chaps. I’ll have a ring around. In the meantime, old skool seat post for me 🙁

RickDraper
    Free Member

TBH If its scratched then its only going to get worse and most places will not service it as it will need parts and often the new parts cost not far off what you can buy a new post for.

I would start looking at alternative posts rather than paying for a rebuild.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

If its scratched then its only going to get worse

It only happened this weekend and I don’t plan on using it again until fixed, so it shouldn’t get worse.

I would start looking at alternative posts rather than paying for a rebuild.

It makes me sad for the state of the World that this may be the best solution 🙁

[EDIT] – on the plus side, I might as well carry on riding it until it fails completely if this is the solution

jam-bo

file/emery the scratches back to smooth. i did that with my reverb a month a so ago and its been holding air fine. its not like a fork where the scratches are being dragged past the seals thousands of times every ride.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I was concerned about the grit that is probably inside the Reverb right now, doing additional unseen damage, not just the ability to hold air.

IA

Amazon* stock all SRAM spare parts.

*actually amazon, not a 3rd party.

jam-bo

I doubt you’ve done that much damage to the seals. And thinking about it, I’m not sure that seal is a critical seal anyway. It’s just a wiper.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

My reverb has been in waiting for spare parts since November last year. Need to call the shop for an update.

RickDraper
    Free Member

Put a picture up.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/R8ySk2]Reverb scratch[/url] by stilltortoise, on Flickr

jam-bo

ok. I take it back. that looks ****.

BadlyWiredDog

There’s a fantastic irony here that the SRAM trash cans must be stuffed full of warrantied Reverbs with perfect replacement tubes. I’m with you that it seems ridiculous that a dropper post should be widely regarded as a consumable item in the same way as a chain or a brake pad.

Btw, if you search for Reverb shaft on eBay there are a couple on there. Or is that just an internal part, not easy to tell.

Also, when I serviced my Reverb last year, I ordered some of the bits from Germany. Might be worth a trawl through the usual .de suspects.

RickDraper
    Free Member

A new upper tube is about £100 then plus the service costs and return postage you are probably at about £200, it might need a new upper bushing if thats damaged so there is another £40.

As you can see this is why I said it might be better to look for a new post.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

No stock of Reverbs at Merlin and Wiggle
    Service centres like TFTuned have no stock of spares and no due date for them either
    SRAM website saying “….internals have been completely re-engineered….”

🙄

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Mine went like this had a long failed warranty battle over it as SRAM claimed and YT both claimed they had never seen a post fail like it before and that it was 100% caused by an ‘external’ force (long story).
    However Rick Draper is correct,it the delicate thin coating on the topcap bushing that takes all the load on the rear of it that has failed and bared the sharp metal beneath to gouge the upper post.Not the end of the world if your into a bit of DIY and the post is in good order ie no sagging. I just did a basic service ,kit £10 ,new topcap £40 (had to wait a fair while for this to get ordered too) and I wet and dried gouge out.

devash
    Free Member

There’s a fantastic irony here that the SRAM trash cans must be stuffed full of warrantied Reverbs with perfect replacement tubes. I’m with you that it seems ridiculous that a dropper post should be widely regarded as a consumable item in the same way as a chain or a brake pad.

Service centres like TFTuned have no stock of spares and no due date for them either
    SRAM website saying “….internals have been completely re-engineered….”

had a long failed warranty battle over it as SRAM claimed and YT both claimed they had never seen a post fail like it before and that it was 100% caused by an ‘external’ force (long story).
    However Rick Draper is correct,it the delicate thin coating on the topcap bushing that takes all the load on the rear of it that has failed and bared the sharp metal beneath to gouge the upper post.

SRAM in poor build quality shocker. 😆

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Reverb servicing – who has stock?’ is closed to new replies.