Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Reverb Service – Anyone Capable
  • scandal42
    Free Member

Morning all

I have a reverb that is sagging 1/2″ when sitting on it and wondered if anyone on here had the ability/tools to be able to perform the seal service.

I have watched the video and doubt whether I would have the ability and certainly don’t have the required tools.

Any reconsiderations.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

if I recall correctly all you need is an Avid bleed kit and it’s pretty simple.
    I’ve never done one, but I do have the bleed kit and I know how to use it 🙂

rickt
    Free Member

Have you tried adding a bit more air pressure to it in the first instance ?

LoCo
    Free Member

A full service I.E a full strip of all parts not just the lower post, you should really use some shaft clamps to reduce the chance of damage to sealing surfaces.
    I know some people have done them, but have had a few that have been ‘serviced’ and aren’t working correctly.

drummer
    Free Member

It probably just needs pumping up with air, and or bleeding ( which is easy using you tube as your friend )

dizcostix
    Free Member

i’d suggest its not as easy as a bleed / pumping it up. When I spoke to SRAM its a known issue that warranty covers – oil migrates somewhere apparently? like Loco says, a full stripdown service required

scandal42
    Free Member

Thanks for replies.

dizcostic it seems to are correct, sending back to CRC today and hopefully they will honour a the claim.

momo

I have a reverb that is sagging 1/2″ when sitting on it

Mine did that earlier in the year, The post was replaced under warranty, was a fairly quick turn around too.

toonfan
    Free Member

How long is the warranty period on these? Mine is dropping half an inch when i sit on it but it’s 2 years old.

scandal42
    Free Member

It’s 2 years

I believe mine is right on the edge of that period so fingers crossed.

LoCo
    Free Member

Not ‘hawking’ for trade, but really I’d suggest that they get serviced at about the same time a rear shock would (12 to 18 months) depending on use.
    They get a right hammering probably more so than a rear shock) and are directly in the firing line of dirt off the back wheel, so to reduce wear (seen quite a few dead ones due to wear on the shafts)

toonfan
    Free Member

I’m a month over the 2 years then. 😈

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Reverb Service – Anyone Capable’ is closed to new replies.