Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Reverb self service
  • reedspeed
    Free Member

As one or two of ya know I’ve had a few issues with my reverb,so I decided to bite the bullit & order a service kit !.

So today after watchin a clip on YouTube I stripped it and replaced the seals,rebuilt it,blew it up to 250psi,& guess what ???….

It works!, I’m well pleased with myself as I’ve saved both time and money ,best £7 I’ve spent in a while ..

JohnnyPanic

Wanna post a link to the clip?

reedspeed
    Free Member

Here’s the link on youtube !,

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XxgUK3gC_Fk

covertbaz
    Free Member

What were you’re issues? Mines alittle notchy at the moment and drops slightly, thinking service is needed but lbs thinks it may need new cartridge and to be sent off to Sram

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Where for the service kit?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

If it drops when you sit on it, send it back. Chances are they’ll replace with new.

JohnnyPanic

Cheers reedspeed 🙂

reedspeed
    Free Member

Look at this on eBay:

ROCK SHOX REVERB SERVICE KIT FOR POST (BASIC) SEALS O-RINGS

reedspeed
    Free Member

It was dropping it’s fine again now !,a reckon I’ve saved about £40 in the process ..

welshfarmer

Done the same a few times using that video. All 3 times it has only needed a 2 pence O ring. The second time I did it I used the £7 service kit but the same O ring failed after a couple of months. Every time the O-ring failed it happened just after the big silver locking collar on the post came loose. My friend has had exact same issue and same seal failure as a result. I have now loctited the collar and so far it has been fine and no more seal issues.

reedspeed
    Free Member

I’d actually like to know which O ring it was/is too,as the thing is I’ve replaced em all & probably didn’t need to .

Which issit that fails ?,& funnily enough my collar has been loose.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Reverb self service’ is closed to new replies.