Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Reverb seatpost, I want one but not sure why…
  • DickBarton

I think I’m wanting a Reverb post. not sure why as I never adjust my saddle height. saying that I have thought it might be better if I drop my saddle a bit. stopping and adjusting is a faff so I don’t.

is the post good?

Current post has 27cm showing and I’m about 2mm from min insertion, so thinking the 350mm or whatever it is should be fine?

Think I’m unsure as I’m wanting one but not sure why as I don’t adjust height now but think this might get used as there is no faff involved.

cheers.

BadlyWiredDog

I never realised I didn’t need one until I didn’t buy one. If you don’t feel the need to adjust your post now, it seems a very expensive way of finding out that you might, if you could. 😉

Jeffus
    Free Member

Adjustable posts are awesome, once you have one its quite a revelation when you ride without one, just how much you put up with the saddle being in the way.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

+1 same as BWD I wasn’t convinced but now I’m converted. Being able to adjust the seat on the fly is a real improvement if you enjoy the ups as well as the downs. Got mine from Rose bikes. Excellent service and quick. Perfect for enduro and trail centres.

granny_ring

can you get the reverb in 27.2?

DeeW
    Free Member

No reverbs in 27.2mm. KS do one though.

I’ve always adjusted my post down for descents, and got very used to it. Resisted for a while, then splurged on a Reverb. I can’t imagine riding a bike without one now!

mightymarmite
    Free Member

I’ve had the KS i950 on a stumpjumper throughout winter, as above didn’t realise how handy it was to be able to adjust on the fly.

Initially I fitted it without the remote, but added this recently which has improved dramatically (recommend going with it from the outset).

Had the reverb been available I’d have gone down that route, but certainly not disappointed with the KS.

Huge benefit when in doubt / misjudged whats ahead, or even being able to raise the seat for a short sprint / rest in between the clatters.

Only hassle though is can no longer fit an under saddle bag for tools etc, so everything has to go in a camelbak plus adds circa 500 grams to the mix.

If you can fit the longer version(s) deaf would, I’ve got the 400mm with approx 100mm above the seat collar which allows full extension and sufficient drop.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

(Mr MC posting)

I bought a joplin when I converted to flatties and was constantly adjusting my saddle height (far more so than when I had spds), maybe drop it an inch for rolling singletrack, a bit more for glarlier more downhill stuff etc.

Having initially been derided by some of my riding group one has bought a reverb, another bought my joplin when I got a new frame it wouldnt fit. I now have a 27.2 frame and have a gravity dropper, which has full extension, 1″ drop and full (4″) drop. Thought I’d miss “infinite” adjustment but this pretty much gives me what I wanted.

Bought MC a joplin with remote (fitted to a HT) and she is a total convert, so much so we have acquired a different lower tube so it can be swapped between her HT and her new FS.

the reverb is an expensive experiment, but I dont know anyone who has got or tried an uppydowny and decided it was a waste of time (as long as theyve got used to using it and not forgotten it’s there!).

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Tip for reverb is to buy RH control and mount under bar on left. Mines beside front mech control. Thumb can easy reach and feels same as changing front mech gear.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Reverb seatpost, I want one but not sure why…’ is closed to new replies.