• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Reverb routing on commie meta/ the meta is dead, long live the meta…
  • DrP

So, the old frame had some ‘cracking issues’ and was replaced with a discounted 2012 VIP – old parts shifted across, some worn out bits replaced, and a new reverb fitted (31.6 post, yay!!!)

As you can see from the pics, and my temporary routing fix, the actual cable route and ‘drop bend’ when the post is down is quite acceptable.
    However, I can’t seem to find a decent, non zip tie method of holding the cable there. Can I get proper stick on guides that will fix to the frame with strong adhesive??
    Or…..will it look lame if I were to use a length of helicopter tape to hold it to the underside of the top tube???

I know m-part used to do guides held on by elastic/zips, but ideally a bonded method would be great…
    Any recommendations please?? (and comments on the bike also welcomed – I am aware it’s missing some stopping power….)

DrP

timmys

I use these;

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=19014

I wouldn’t go for the heli tape method personally as I find it works best if the the cable can move back and forward in the guides to accommodate movement from the remote as the bars are moved, as well and seat up and down (my cable is on the short side).

EDIT;

I managed to dig out a couple of poor photos. I use two guides and mount them towards the front of the top tube so that the cable doesn’t have to bend too sharply. Also you’ll see it’s not a Meta or a Reverb, but the principle is the same!

Down:

Up:

DrP

Cheers!
    M part guides ordered…..

DrP

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Reverb routing on commie meta/ the meta is dead, long live the meta…’ is closed to new replies.