Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Reverb remotes.
  • jam-bo

A1/A2

Silver adjuster / black adjuster

MMX

What’s the difference?

And if I want to run it under the bars on the left, I need a right hand lever, correct?

trademark
    Free Member

Under bars on left = right-hand lever. Correct.

Dunno about the other query. Sorry.

Cheers.

woolymonster
    Free Member

A1 and A2 is the different versions using silver adjusters (A1), and black adjusters (A2)…I think 🙂

Silver adjuster – More common with the earlier externally routed Reverbs which also had the silver coloured post collar. The remotes with Silver speed adjusters will not work as a replacement for a remote with a black coloured speed adjuster, as they both move different amount of fluid and therefore are not compatible. So if you replace one, make sure it has the same colour speed adjuster.

The silver and black collar on the post are universal and will fit each other, the only thing to ensure is that the remotes are compatible, so remove a remote with a black coloured adjuster, then replace with the same.

MMX – Just the Matchmaker for the SRAM shifter mount, which can be removed if you’re not using it.

Think that’s it, hope it helps 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Tweakie
    Free Member

A1 and A2 is the different versions using silver adjusters (A1), and black adjusters (A2)…I think

Silver adjuster – More common with the earlier externally routed Reverbs which also had the silver coloured post collar. The remotes with Silver speed adjusters will not work as a replacement for a remote with a black coloured speed adjuster, as they both move different amount of fluid and therefore are not compatible. So if you replace one, make sure it has the same colour speed adjuster.

The silver and black collar on the post are universal and will fit each other, the only thing to ensure is that the remotes are compatible, so remove a remote with a black coloured adjuster, then replace with the same.

MMX – Just the Matchmaker for the SRAM shifter mount, which can be removed if you’re not using it.

Think that’s it, hope it helps

Exactly this.

The colour of the collar does not make the post A1/A2. The internals (and subsequently the lever assembly) however, DOES.

As an additional note, simply changing the silver/black adjuster barrel on the lever cannot convert the lever from A1 to A2 or vice versa.

jam-bo

hmm. So A1/A2 doesnt denote newness as I have a silver adjuster remote on a fairly new (<12months) stealth dropper.

Tweakie
    Free Member

well yes it sort of does. The silver adjusters came first.
    Standard Reverbs were the first to get updated to A2. Stealth has since followed. And remember, just coz you bought it (for example) 25 minutes ago at your LBS in full retail packaging, doesn’t mean it hasn’t been sat on the shelf or in a store room collecting dust for a month/12months/12 years.

jam-bo

ah well, there is a discounted right hand A2 on Amazon and I have a gift card as well.

andylc
    Free Member

Do you need a Reverb remote? My reverb just got warrantied and they sent me another remote + hose. Right hand black with MMX compatible clamp.

welshfarmer

Well that beggars my bike up then. I bought a left hand Stealth (cheaper than a right hand one) and swapped the (black) remote for my old silver right-hand one so I could run it on the left under the bars. It works perfectly and has done for some time. I guess I now have to remove it since this should not be possible???

🙂

welshfarmer

And inm the other direction the Left hand -black remote from the stealth is now doing great service on my old reverb (silver type remote and collar) and is also supporting my Sram front shifter. Double win..

🙂

jam-bo

In that case I’ll buy it then, helps I just found £50 in my PayPal account.

jam-bo

Just spotted your post AndyLC, interested, drop me an email with how much you want for it. Ignore previous post about how much is in my PayPal account…

woolymonster
    Free Member

Well if it’s working, then it’s all good 🙂 but reckon someone could have rebuilt the remote replacing the black with the sllver adjuster…long shot but possible. But it should not work, but if it is, all cool 😀

welshfarmer

Nope, all owned by me from new. All works tickety-boo.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Reverb remotes.’ is closed to new replies.