Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Reverb remote question
  • tonyd

Am picking up a new (to me) frame tomorrow and considering treating myself to a reverb for it. How do most folks fit the remote, above or below the bar?

Seems like it’s supposed to go over the top, but that would mean it might get damaged if I ever stood the bike upside down. Not that I’d ever do that of course as I realise how amateur I’d look.

I might go 1×10 so there would be no shifter on the left for the remote to get in the way of, meaning I could mount the remote under the bar. Is this a good idea? And would it mean I’d need to buy a right hand remote?

I’m assuming of course that the reverb is still the most robust dropper post. I did look at the Thomson for about 2 seconds until I saw the price!

Ta

creamegg
    Free Member

Rh remote on left hand upside down if it can fit just so its out the way. Personally i prefer the lever on the rh in terms of ergonomics but it is more vulnerable to damage. (Got 2 bikes with each setup)

Flaperon

LH remote mounted upside down on RH side. Works fine and more convenient too, though it could go closer to the shifter if it wasn’t such a stupid shape.

Not that I’d ever do that of course as I realise how amateur I’d look.

No idea about the lever, but eh? Is this true – I wondered why the squirrels mocked me when I fixed a puncture?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

bought RH to mount upside down on left (figured that was best as you don’t use the left shifter as much). Ended up having to mount it upside down on the right, so RH upside down on RH side.

kayak23

Right hand lever mounted under bar on left here. 1×9 so space is ok.

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

Just put one on my gf’s bike, right hand lever mounted upside down on the left. It really is a stupid shape though, an hour of carefully filing the shifter to get the reverb remote to fit snugly in beside it and it’s still not ideal. Ok for my bigger hands but a bit of a stretch for her.

tonyd

Thanks all.

Think I might pop down to the LBS later today for a natter, price up 1×10 etc. Hopefully they won’t see me before I’ve parked, I’m sure last time they did they put the closed sign up and hid behind the counter.

creamegg
    Free Member

No idea about the lever, but eh? Is this true – I wondered why the squirrels mocked me when I fixed a puncture?

What? You don’t carry a trail bike stand in your camelback?

creamegg
    Free Member

Ended up having to mount it upside down on the right, so RH upside down on RH side.

wtf? how does that work? what finger do you use to press the button?

tonyd

The seventh one, he’s from Sheppey.

robbonzo
    Free Member

Defo mount under the bar, much easier to activate. I have it on the right hand side even though I have 1×10 setup – shop messed up the order, but it works well and leaves my left hand to concentrate on doing skids. takes abit of faffing to get everything in place though.

creamegg
    Free Member

Defo mount under the bar, much easier to activate

I found the opposite. I prefer the feel of the one on top of the bars

iainc

LH remote mounted upside down on RH side. Works fine and more convenient too, though it could go closer to the shifter if it wasn’t such a stupid shape.

same here. Mine is inboard of the shifter/brake which is on an ispec mount. I did see a pic on here the other day of someone with it between the grip and the shifter, which looked neat

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

If the shifter gets in the way, thats the one I’d have in the shitty position, ie inboard, as you’ll use the brake and reverb way more often. Reverb mounting was the push I needed to go 1×10.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

wtf? how does that work? what finger do you use to press the button?

shifter finger (index finger?), works a treat tbh. brake levers are well in but they’re so powerful that one finger braking is ideal. Very very occasionally I’ve realise I’m fondling the trigger shifter by accident, very rarely tho.

thepurist

I’m assuming of course that the reverb is still the most robust dropper post. I did look at the Thomson for about 2 seconds until I saw the price!

The LEV is worth a look too. The lever’s smaller than the reverb and more crash proof. UK support is back in place but its cheaper to buy from Germany

DrP

RH lever, upside down on the LH side…

Works a treat..

DrP

deadkenny
    Free Member

Mine, RH under left and being 1×10 with compatible MMX stuff, just goes nice and simple.

And yeah I flip the bike over loads. Every ride to put the wheels in. None of this faffing around trying to hook a rear wheel in awkwardly from underneath. I’d need a roadie crew for that 😀

And the occasional trail repair it gets flipped usually too.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Reverb remote question’ is closed to new replies.