Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Reverb Remote
  • prezet
    Free Member

I’m about to buy a Reverb from a certain German retailer – however am unsure on which side lever to get.

Basically I want it on the left hand side, but not sure whether to run the standard left hand remote above the bar, or run a right hand remote under the bar.

What’s the general STW consensus? Will I die?

legend
    Free Member

Left hand side – under. Yes

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Horribly.

I run a left-hand lever on top of the bars, but I also run shifters both sides.

Under the bar seems to work for a lot of people, but shifters do get in the way.

If you’re running a 1/9 or 1/10 set-up then definitely go left. Otherwise go with whichever hand feels more comfortable (or not, if you like to mix things up).

Bear in mind if you want to run it under the bar you’ll need to get the opposite side lever.

prezet
    Free Member

I run 1×10, so shifters on the left hand side isn’t an issue.

honourablegeorge

As a thumb-operated shifter, I think it only makes sense under the bar – your thumb is never going to be above the bar. You wouldn’t put a gear shifter above the bar. (cue someone with an above-the-bar shifter)

luket

I’ve got one of each. Both run on the left.

I much prefer it beneath, partly it just feels right as George says and partly because its out of the way of damage. If you wanted a left hand one I’d gladly swap mine for another right! The remotes on their own are very expensive by the way.

rickmeister

2 shifters, under the bar on the left.

Right hand has brake and rear shifter to work, plus, if the remote is on top of the bar at £60 its an expensive crash damage item…

legend
    Free Member

Old setup:

Reverb setup by mark_p2511, on Flickr

New setup:

Reverb setup by mark_p2511, on Flickr

johnhe

I have a gravity dropper and a reverb. Both on the left – one above, one below. Both are easy to operate but I think that below the bar is much better protected from damage during crashes.

prezet
    Free Member

Morning guys – I’m looking on bike-discount.de for the Reverb I need but they have multiple options for each type that I can’t tell the difference… not sure if some come with the bleed kit or without.

I’m after the 2013 31.6 125/380mm right with Bleed Kit if anyone can work out what’s going on with their product descriptions…

I *think* this is the one I need, but it shows the silver collar rather than the black one.

http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k1170/a85466/reverb-125-seat-post-316-x-380-mmx-right.html

rickmeister

Just checked with Orangina (who is a German bikist), and that is the one your after with what your looking for.

As for the black collar, mouse over the hose attachment at the saddle end and it looks like it has the updated hose connection / barb….

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Reverb Remote’ is closed to new replies.