Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Reverb question – right hand remote on left hand side, will it all fit?
  • quahogmtb

Am getting a reverb post and thinking of fitting a right-hand remote lever upside down on the left hand side. I know many people do this but it looks a bit tight with my SRAM X9 shifter and Formula brake lever. Can anyone reassure me it will all fit before I splash the cash? (I’m assuming the SRAM’s matchmaker thing won’t work if I fit it upside down, or will it?) Thanks in advance

stoney
    Free Member

Should be fine, find a space where it fits and it will be tucked nicely underneath insted of on top!

Ambrose

Works for me. XTR shifter, Avid Juicy 7 Ultimate brakes.

robdob
    Free Member

I found with my new XT shifter that if you had the remote nearest the grip the shifter was too far away and the remote is a bit of a stretch from the grip if it is nearest the stem, as the shape of it stops you butting it up against the shifter. I am sure some filing could be done to get them closer but after spending so much on the kit I’m a bit reluctant!

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

yes works fine and way easier to use IMHO also nicely tucked away (sram 1 x 11 and XT brakes)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Reverb question – right hand remote on left hand side, will it all fit?’ is closed to new replies.