Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Reverb Q – model years and how much do I need a bleed kit?
  • Stu_N

So – Merlincycles for £179 without a bleed kit, maybe a 2011 model?

Or CRC definitely 2012 for £205 which looks like it does come with a bleed kit.

What does the hive mind reckon?

wallop

Well, I had to shorten the hose on mine, ergo – I needed a bleed kit.

legend
    Free Member

If you shorten the hose as per the RS instructions you don’t need a bleed kit.

Had mine 6 months, only used the kit once and it turned out that I didn’t need it anyway (pressure was low)

Also, as you can get them for £15 off eBay I wouldn’t bother with the CRC deal

daveh
    Free Member

I bought an merlin oem early this year and it’s a 2012 (black collar, new barb). It needed air but not bleeding, though it probably will when I shorten the hose. Good bleed kits on eBay for £15.

wallop

If you shorten the hose as per the RS instructions you don’t need a bleed kit.

A yes, I remember now – I had to bleed it because I pressed the button when the hose wasn’t attached during the shortening process. What a plonker.

Stu_N

I see the Merlin ones are indeed 2012 – says at the bottom of the page. Think that’s a decision made then. If I really need a bleed kit I can always pick one up later and will still not be out of pocket.

chillidave
    Free Member

Odd I can’t see the 2012 bit on the listing, am I being incredibly stupid and blind? (likely)

I ask as when I wrote to Merlin yesterday they told me it was a 2011 model in the sale section.

wallop
    deanfbm
    Free Member

I would say you definitely need the bleed kit based on mine and many several customers.

chillidave
    Free Member

I admit I am blind. It’s confusing given what they told me yesterday but I’d definitely trust it given it says it there and other people’s experiences.

warpcow
    Free Member

You could buy the whole thing (bleed-kit, enduro collar, non-grey/oem, etc) from hibike.de for about £175 inc. shipping.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Reverb Q – model years and how much do I need a bleed kit?’ is closed to new replies.