Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Reverb Protection – Lizard Skin style product, any recommendations?
  • bamboo
    Free Member

As per the title, any recommendations please?

😀

crotchrocket
    Free Member

a bit of inner tube?

GrahamA
    Free Member

I used a Lizard Skin shock boot for a while but as I normally used a rear mudguard decided that it wasn’t really needed.

willfaz
    Free Member

How strange, I just fitted my command post and was wondering the same question. I have definitely seen them about, but google isn’t throwing anything up for “seatpost cover” and the like, so I’m not too sure.

I thought something maybe that came down from the saddle rails to a central point at the frame, that would protect the post from any mud flying off the rear wheel. Not ideal though.

DickBarton

Check the Reverb manual – it specifies NOT to use a shock boot type thing as it can cause damage – I think this is mainly due to the shock boot holding excess moisture/dirt and then leaving it to work away at the moving parts.

Not seen the need for it myself and the riding I’ve done with my Reverb has been in proper mank…saying that I’ve only ridden about 200 miles with it (over the 5 months of owning it)…but it’s been fine no matter how manky the conditions and bike have become.

endurogangster
    Free Member

I use a rase mamba neoprene sleeve on my reverb and it works perfectly! Bought it direct from rase for about $18 posted.

vikingboy
    Free Member

Stop worrying and just ride it. Mine’s been through all sorts of crap in the last 12months and been absolutely fine. RS know a thing or two about seals and are capable of keeping the crud out. Do you run bits of inner tube over your fork stanchions, I guess not? 😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Mudguard.

chaos

Current attempt at using an inner tube which seems to be keeping the worst off. Basically took a length of inner tube, cut it lengthways to about halfway down, pushed the uncut section over the (removed) seatpost and then tied the cut part to the seat post rails. Hopefully the pictures will make a little more sense.

seatpost mudguard 01 small[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/73168797@N02/6602246921/][/url]
    seatpost mudguard 02 small

Northwind

If you don’t think it’s fit for purpose, why buy it? Gravity Dropper is mudproof out of the box (and isn’t that bothered even if you do manage to fill it with mud) and KS i900s have very effective seals, but of all the criticism I’ve seen of Reverbs, none of it has been around letting mud and water in.

chaos

To be honest I did it because it seemed like a good idea in the UK winter and I was doing the inner tube thing for the front wheel/forks at the same time.

Like I said elsewhere it’s dirt causing the cable for the remote lever to stick that has been an issue rather than the post itself.

skywalker
    Free Member

KS i900

Thats what I would get. Better looking IMO and they have a pretty neat remote leaver that fits onto ODI Lock ons. You can colour code them too if your that way inclined. Supposed to be pretty durable too.

Putting neoprene/inner tube over things like shocks and forks is a seriously bad idea. It traps the crap that does get in, and causes a whole load of issues. I think this is why fork manufacturers stopped fitting them as standard.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Reverb Protection – Lizard Skin style product, any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.