Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Reverb problems
  • iainc

My reverb is around 2.5 yrs old and was a warranty replacement through LBS. it failed tonight, going slow on return and then sagging around 1-2cm when loaded. Is this a problem that is likely to be able to be cured by a proper service at LBS or it is new post time ?

Thanks

crashrash

A service with Sram rather than LBS probably. You might get lucky and get a new one back!

fr0sty125
    Free Member

If you do get a new one back it might be worth selling it and getting something else. My most recent Reverb A2 lasted from August until December was replaced with a B1 that has lasted about a month and needs to go back to the shop. I might get a Fox Transfer.

RickDraper
    Free Member

A basic service will see it right and not cost much. IMHO the A2 version of the stealth post is considerably more reliable than the B1 version.

Get it fixed and sell it replacing it with a Fox transfer and a wolftooth lever.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Warranty it. Even though it’s out of warranty. Fisher will pretty much replace any Reverb by default. Go through an LBS but got to find one that will send it off for checks rather than just charging you for a service.

As for others… while Reverb gets a lot of notice about issues, it’s purely because they massively outweigh the competition. I’ve yet to hear of a reliable dropper. Besides that, Reverbs can be had pretty cheap and warranty/support is excellent.

p.s. I’ve found cold temperatures do affect the return speed, and the slight sag is common though first off just check the pressure is bang on 250psi. Noting how many shock pumps are inaccurate, especially up at that end of the scale.

Northwind

deadkenny – Member

Warranty it. Even though it’s out of warranty. Fisher will pretty much replace any Reverb by default.

This is almost annoying tbh, I have the latest model and it developed movement due to the standard air-past-the-afp. That’s something I can fix myself in under an hour, but I sent it back since it’s on warranty- and they sent a new one. What a waste…

For the OP, the vertical play thing is actually fairly easy to fix- people are quite scared of opening up droppers but if you can service a fork you can service a Reverb. depending on model you might need some special tools but they’re cheap.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

2.5 years is as much as you can reasonably expect from a reverb between major overhauls so that’s what it definitely needs. Mine came on my bike when new in 2013, sent it into SRAM (via LBS) for a full fat refurbishment just before Christmas. Got a brand new one back.

iainc

Thanks all, will take it to shop and ask them to send to SRAM for service.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Or get wee Chris to service it, 40 quid and you’ll get it back next day……

iainc

^^^ dropped it at Sprockets this morn. Once Dave gets back from swanning around bike shows it’ll go to Sram 🙂 I did wonder about asking the shop to service it, but given that it may get replaced by Sram it’s worth a punt sending it back

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Chris isn’t in the shop any more, he’s doing wheel builds and suspension servicing.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Reverb problems’ is closed to new replies.