Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Reverb problems…
  • ezzy1
    Free Member

Evening all

Recently bought a stumpy fsr (2012) and had a reverb fitted .the cable was too long so I cut it to suit and tried to mount the cable suitable as before it was so long the previous owner wrapped it around the post a few times . But here my problem comes, after doing the bleeding successfully last night. So I rode it today and when dropping the post the cable managed to bend and leak from the upper post connector leaving me with a dropped post for the rest of my ride !

So question is , what’s the best way to route the cable (pictures would be great) and what sort of length hose is good for these !

Thanks

Aaron

andyl
    Free Member

Make sure you use a hose guide on the post to keep a nice straight run down from the post.

then make sure it follows a nice gentle loop to the back but to one side so it missed your tyre but doesnt stick out too far and get caught or rub on your leg.

Check the length is not too long so it hits the back wheel when fully dropped and not too short on full extension so it still has a nice gentle curve to where it is fixed to the frame.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Reverb problems…’ is closed to new replies.