Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Reverb problems
  • thorpedo

I fitted a brand new reverb to my blue pig 10 days ago and it was working fine with positive return etc. I then went away for a week leaving the bike hanging up in the shed by the front wheel. Took it out to ride this morning and the remote was spongy and the post will not return without lifting the saddle to pull it up. There is also some sag when the post is fully extended.
    I assumed it had somehow got air in the remote system so as I need to shorten the hose I followed the sram video for shortening the hose and bleeding the lever but with no real improvement.
    Does it sound like I have still got air in the system or does anyone know of any other problems?

I also had some problems with the sram supplied bleed kit – when you pull the syringe to create a vacuum in the system air gets in past the tube fittings on the syringe so it was possibly not entirely successful. Has anyone else had this problem?

Any advice welcome before I go back to bike shop for help.

Cheers

Nick

ruscle
    Free Member

Full bleed should cure it

thorpedo

Thanks for that I’ll certainly have another go – but has anyone had a problem with the bleed kit?

scaled
    Free Member

You’re pulling too hard on the plunger, and lube the plunger seals a bit with some fluid before you load them up as well.

I should point out that i’m currently riding on spongy brakes cos i cant be arsed with the bleeding 😀

thorpedo

Thanks for the advice – I’ll try again

epicbleedsolutions
    Free Member

Has the kit seen a lot of use? No matter how much you pull you shouldn’t be having trouble with your tube/syringe connectors leaking air.

If you need a reliable bleed kit, try ours:

Bleed Kit for RockShox Reverb Seat Post & 2.5wt Fluid

trambler

I’ve bled mine a few times with the SRAM bleed kit, got better at it with experience & followed the video to the letter. You can definitely pull up too hard on the syringes which lets air in. Give it another bash, should be OK.

Trimix
    Free Member

Check its still got 250psi air it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Reverb problems’ is closed to new replies.