Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Reverb Problem – Warranty
  • Milkie
    Free Member

Just like nearly everyone here a friend bought a Reverb from Bike-Discount.de.. He’s had it about 4 months and is loosing pressure..

Does he have to return it to Bike-Discount.de for a warranty replacement? Or can he get it done here in the UK?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

No, you can send it to Fishers.

You need to send it through a SRAM dealer, so speak to your local friendly one, as you’re asking for help on something you bought elsewhere.

I imagine you will have to cover the postage costs for this.

variflex
    Free Member

Is it losing pressure or just need bleeding.
    I bet it just needs a bleed. Ive had a couple like this now.

Milkie
    Free Member

Loosing pressure, as it has to be pumped back up to 250psi.

Now to find a SRAM dealer north side of Bristle!

ComradeD
    Free Member

I spoke to Bike-Discount.de and they said you need to send the post back to Germany for repair. Is it worth speaking to SRAM Uk to see if they can do it

plecostomus
    Free Member

Yes^^^ send to SRAM service centre via your local fishers dealer. Simples.

Stranga
    Free Member

^^^^^ As above phone Fishers/Sram uk, I had a problem with mine (dropping 10mm when weighted) and I called them to see if it just needed bled or should I return it under warranty…..they said to return for repair/replacement and a week later I had a brand new reverb as replacement.

stevenieve
    Free Member

I had the same problem as you Stranga

(dropping 10mm when weighted)

It was returned to retailer to be passed on for assessment. Retailer ended up issuing me with a brand new one from their stock in less than a week.

rhysw
    Free Member

Stranga

Mine is doing this. Did you buy yours in the uk or from elsewhere?
    I got mine ages ago from some bloke selling them on eBay from Israel. I can’t imagine I’d be able to send it back to fishers for a new one or even a free repair

rhysw
    Free Member

Stranga

Mine is doing this. Did you buy yours in the uk or from elsewhere?
    I got mine ages ago from some bloke selling them on eBay from Israel. I can’t imagine I’d be able to send it back to fishers for a new one or even a free repair

Stranga
    Free Member

rhysw mine was bought from Gernamy, its a worldwide warranty so as long as you find a LBS to facilitate the warranty process (it wont cost them anything if you post the reverb off yourself)its as simple as that.

rhysw
    Free Member

Ok cheers

v10
    Free Member

Does your friend realise that when n you stick a pump on a reverb with 250 psi in it the gauge will register sub200 because of expansion into the hose, not because it’s leaking?

markreed
    Free Member

Had exactly the same problem with mine which was from Chainreaction. Bled it twice and repeatedly checked pressure etc but it always dropped about 10mm under load. As I also have one from Bike-Discount.de I called SRAM who said the warranty cover was worldwide. After describing the problem they asked me to return it through my local SRAM dealer. Apparently it’s a damper assembly fault which is being addressed by a full new replacement. The new ones should have arrived in the UK on the 17th Dec and should be sent out any day.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Mine lost loads of pressure after about three months and would only go up half way, lever spongy. 2012 model. After much conflicting advice about bleed it, warranty it, and worries about the manual saying not to touch the air valve add it will break it!… Just pump it back up to 250,all fine.

Told by others it just does this from time to time.

Been fine for couple of weeks now.

And yeah, checking will loose some pressure same as with a shock. Pump to correct pressure and disconnect and you don’t lose much, if any.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Mine lost loads of pressure after about three months and would only go up half way, lever spongy. 2012 model. After much conflicting advice about bleed it, warranty it, and worries about the manual saying not to touch the air valve add it will break it!… Just pump it back up to 250,all fine.

Told by others it just does this from time to time.

Been fine for couple of weeks now.

And yeah, checking will loose some pressure same as with a shock. Pump to correct pressure and disconnect and you don’t lose much, if any.

BillyBull
    Free Member

Interesting thread. I have just had brilliant service from Fisher. Sent the post back through another shop as the previous one had shut, no proof of purchase etc. and received a replacement this week. Great customer service.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Reverb Problem – Warranty’ is closed to new replies.