Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Reverb problem advice please
  • jonnyb1972
    Free Member

I took my bike into the shop today to have some wheels fitted , I have a reverb fitted its never missed a beat, when I collected my bike the guy said he had put some air in it which I found odd as it was working fine, would clamping a bike in a work stand by the dropper post damage it ? It now just has no life in it and just goes down and does not return, I really can’t understand it as it was working fine

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I have a friend who had his Reverb damaged when in for a service. The shop broke the connector where the hose goes into the clamp, probably in a bikestand.

coatesy
    Free Member

Check they haven’t tightened the clamp a touch too much, they may have moved the post and thought it was a little slack.

b45her
    Free Member

almost certainly the clamp, takes hardly any pressure to cause problems

jonnyb1972
    Free Member

It’s not the clamp, its totally lifeless I can pull it up manually, Ive really no idea what’s happened to it 🙁

robhughes
    Free Member

That sucks.I’d be having very stern words with them.They had said the (fixed) it when you clearly never asked them to touch it.
    You have them over a barrel.

jonnyb1972
    Free Member

post has gone off for warranty, they have lent me a normal post, but im gutted as I’ve a week in wales booked next week and no dropper post they would not accept liability, they had a Reverb on a demo five but said I couldn’t have it as It was out on Demo this weekend. I guess new customers are more important than existing ones, I hope they buy it ’cause its the last penny they will get off me.

superfurryhead
    Free Member

I think you need to name and shame…

jonnyb1972
    Free Member

Leisure Lakes Bury…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

My Reverb lost pressure and sunk whilst in C-Y-B last week 🙁

Popped a normal post in for the remainder of our visit.

Caught my ‘nads on the seat twice after that 😳 😥

jonnyb1972
    Free Member

I will probably end up walking like John Wayne, I’m there for 7 days doing different Rides.

bigyinn
    Free Member

How did / do we manage without droppers? 🙄

rob-jackson
    Free Member

badly and without as much fun

iainc

How did / do we manage without droppers?

….quite easily for many years, but having been a sceptic for a long time and recently got a reverb, I find riding steep/downy/tecky stuff with the saddle up harder/different. I am still riding the same trails, at the same speed as I did pre dropper

It’s a conditioning thing for me.

Back to the OP though – I really think they should be giving you a Reverb while yours is away; they are a big group, so must have some.

Hope they see this thread….

jonnyb1972
    Free Member

I have only used one since the end of March, but my riding has now adjusted to having one, I will be looking for the button all the time, seriously I use it constantly more than other people I know, I am really going to miss it 🙁 don’t get me wrong I’m more than capable of hanging over the back wheel. the point is I’ve just spent £2000 on a bike and a further £300 on new wheels for the same bike as the first were not up to the job, I also bought my Mrs bike there at Christmas, and probably would have bought bikes off them and had them serviced every six months for many years to come, but to prioritise a Demo over an existing customer especially when they may/may not be at fault but in my mind (the customer) they are, and at the end of the day that’s what counts, and influences buying decisions. There is another shop with a really good reputation 3 miles away “Cooksons” which is also a Whyte dealer I think I will see if they will take over looking after my Bike. Is it possible to transfer Warranties from one shop to another ?

sidders34
    Free Member

I have also stopped using LL in Bury, service was poor, difficult to get assistance and appeared disinterested when looking for bikes for my two children.

Since started going to Cooksons for some wheel truing and other bits. There is a world of differance, went in to get some Stans tape, they were out of stock but offered me a half roll they had in the workshop, also offered to split a pack of rotor bolts as I only needed two.

I am not sure they are a Whyte dealer though, have not seen them in there. I can see no reason to service it there and if there is a fault go back to LL.

sprocker
    Free Member

Have you spoke to the manager as that to me is bang out of order. I use Leisure Lakes in Derby and the nanager there (Andy) has always been really good at sorting stuff out for me.

jonnyb1972
    Free Member

you are right they are no longer listed as being a Whyte dealer, One of my pals has an old Whyte 46 and has it serviced there, they found a crack in the frame and it was just over the five years, and they got a replacement for him under warranty, that’s why I thought they were a dealer, and when I registered my bike it came up as an option for the free first service, I will have to do some more research.

legend
    Free Member

Also worth a call to Fishers to plead with them to turn it round in a hurry

jonnyb1972
    Free Member

ok Leisure Lakes have now redeemed themselves so I thought it only fair to share. I’ve been having a nightmare trying to mount a new tyre tubeless. Even my CO2 infator blew up in my hand, so I took it to the shop this morning where they put some new tape on used my sealant, sorted it out and it was on the house :-)which is great as I have little time as im working all day and setting of early tomorrow for a week in Wales.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Reverb problem advice please’ is closed to new replies.