Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Reverb post won't go down
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I shortened the hose to fit my bike, then bled the remote end. The post was working fine, but then I realised that it needed a full bleed, so I bled it using the syringe on post and remote end. All air appeared to release from the system but now the post won’t drop at all. I’ve tried about four full and remote bleeds now, but still no joy. I checked the air pressure and it’s around 200psi. Any help gratefully appreciated.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

No idea but looking to get one of these soon. Can’t find one to buy!

easygirl

rosebikes have them in, cheap too

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

linky?

matthew_h
    Free Member

Sounds like the bleed hasn’t work properly. Did you do it by the instructions from the SRAM site?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

got it – didnt know Rose bikes had a online shop TY
    Also looked in US – they seem even cheaper there https://www.jensonusa.com emailed em to see if they have stock.

I’m convinced after the W2 level with laps of the wall that seat post up for climbing is good but bad when you want to descend and switch backs!

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Try using the quick release,works for me. Mind you I’ve got a thomson post.
    Igmc

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Try stop every time the trail starts to go downhill using the quick release,works for me. Mind you I’ve got a scratched thomson post.

FIFY.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

TY EJ. Only in 420mm length. My current post is 360mm. Think it will be too long?

I have quick release and a Thompson seat post all worn from use. Not worried about a few scratches you should see the Zesty 714 :S

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

😆

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

My seat post is Thomson Elite 31.6X367mm Black
    Reverb is 420mm.
    Difference is 53mm.

Off to check if I have an extra 50 odd mm of room in the tube. Guess I need 60mm to be safe.

Ofc it will fit I have 175mm sticking out the top so extra 50mm is nothing! Off to buy!

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Update 😉

thank you for your order at http://www.rosebikes.co.uk.

lowey

I had a similar problem with my wife.

godzilla
    Free Member

My sister got one from jenson last week, followed by a £50 customs bill, try xx bikes france.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

GZ thanks, mine coming from Germany so inside the euro zone

messiah
    Free Member

Back to the topic.

I did the same when I bled mine, you need to have the adjuster screwed all the way in to the correct position during the bleed or you will have too much oil in the system – I can’t remember which way round it is but the youtube instructions were very clear. Either rebleed following the instructions properly this time… or cheat and crack-open the port at the seatpost and screw the adjuster in until some oil comes out, retighten bleed screw and try it… worked for me.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

back off topic

‘its on the way’

:0

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Wed, 27.04.11 15:36 clock
    GB

The shipment arrived in the import-center package.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

arrived and fitted works right of the box and after a quick ride can say being able to change the seat height on the fly is brilliant. Comes with all the bits. Excellent service from Rose bikes, they even included energy sweets and a bowl 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Reverb post won't go down’ is closed to new replies.