Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Reverb owners ……..
  • singlecrack
    Free Member

I know I’ve read somewhere about certain do’s and dont’s…….like don’t lift from the saddle when seat is down etc …..

What about storing the bike vertically ??? Is this ok ?? Do any of you store your bike vertically and had problems ?

akak
    Free Member

I store mine vertically and compressed, does not seem to be a problem.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Cool ..thanks …although mine isn’t compressed .

It just occurred to me earlier after fitting my reverb …….and then hanging it up …and the thought crossed my mind whether I’d read somewhere it could cause a problem ………

althepal

I do lift mine by the saddle occasionally but it doesnt seem to have had any negative effects..
    I do always try and clean it/lube it after most rides though..

akak
    Free Member

If you want a more obscure tip, don’t sit “down” to lower the seat, sit in the direction of the seat tube.

singlecrack
    Free Member

What do you lube it with ??

iainc

A generous squirt of Fork Juice goes on mine after a ride 🙂

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I lift mine by the saddle when down too. When I first got the bike the saddle did extend when lifted when in the down position, but it didn’t seem to have a detrimental effect. After the first free service the LBS noticed the air pressure was a bit down, so increased the pressure, now the saddle is rock solid when you lift it when down. I can’t imagine they’d design it so that lifting by the saddle when it is down would have a detrimental affect.

mrelectric

I did see a big air loss when I left the seat down. Pumped up again & its all fine.

torihada
    Free Member

My tip: don’t run your lever under the bars. I did. In theory less likely to get broken in a crash. I snapped 2 levers on 2 different bikes on technical climbs; my baggy shorts caught lever on the up stroke & snapped the lever off. My levers now sit on top of the bar.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

My tip: don’t run your lever under the bars. I did. In theory less likely to get broken in a crash. I snapped 2 levers on 2 different bikes on technical climbs; my baggy shorts caught lever on the up stroke & snapped the lever off. My levers now sit on top of the bar.

Just have it pointing away under the bars and operate with index finger. I both store compressed and lift by seat from time to time, never had issues.

martinxyz
    Free Member

I don’t hang it by the saddle but I do just about everything else with it. Cut the hose when it was new and never bled it and it’s been fine.

Superficial
    Free Member

I lift mine by the saddle when down too. When I first got the bike the saddle did extend when lifted when in the down position, but it didn’t seem to have a detrimental effect. After the first free service the LBS noticed the air pressure was a bit down, so increased the pressure, now the saddle is rock solid when you lift it when down. I can’t imagine they’d design it so that lifting by the saddle when it is down would have a detrimental affect.

Mine needs repressurising, I *think* because some of the gas has moved around the IFP a bit. End result – about 5mm of ‘sag’ when I sit down. Not a big problem but slightly annoying. Maybe that happened by lifting it up by the seat? Who knows – I probably won’t do it any more.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

torihada – Member

Either your bikes too small, or you have mahoosive shorts! 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Reverb owners ……..’ is closed to new replies.