Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Reverb or Kronolog?
  • crofts2007
    Free Member

Just ordered a Reverb from Hibike, worked out at £177.80 including delivery, via Paypal.
    Hopefully it will arrive before a trip to Wales beginning of August.
    Thanks B.A.Nana.

LoCo
    Free Member

Cheers B.A.Nana, you do know the RRP is £299.99 on Reverbs, bonkers cheap they are 😉

wattsymtb
    Free Member

I also used hibike. Strongly recommended. I think my reverb worked out at £182 through paypal. The exchange rate must have got slightly better.

downhilldave

What to buy to replace my Kronolog? Fox DOSS any good LoCo? Or is it just down to the Reverb? FuzzyWuzzy, bought it before all the negative reviews. Doh !!! Next time will wait. Tried a Fox DOSS at Stiff as i thought the lever looked on the large side and wondered if it would fit with shifters and brakes. The post returns with a very loud clunk though, seems mechanically unsympathetic. Liked the fixed cable entry on the Kronolog as the linkages on my DW equiped 5 Spot look like a snagging point.

LoCo
    Free Member

The Reverbs seem to be pretty good, have seen and played with the DOSS they’re going to be good too, suppose it’s going to come down to price and whether you want cable or hydro levers.
    Can supply either.

honourablegeorge

DOSS lever looks massive and unwieldy. The Right hand Reverb remote mounted under bars on the left is really neat. FOX didn’t route the cable to the base of the psot either – tbh, I’m not sure what the DOSS offers other than a massive RRP

LoCo
    Free Member

I’d say the build qualtiy of the DOSS will be it’s strong point, you do need to bear in mind that a post needs to be serviced, cleaned e.t.c the same if not more that a fork or shock as they’re under a lot of stress and in line of dirt too.

honourablegeorge

Not convinced Fox build quality is bettrer than Rock Shox (going on their forks). I see your point about the stress – I’d have thought forks had more to deal with… better able to cope with it, I suppose, given their shape.

fathomer

Anyone got real world experience with the KS Lev? I’m thinking about getting a 27.2mm post for my Soul.

JoeG
    Free Member

Yes. I’ve have a KS Lev for about two months. I love it!

I was going to buy a Kronolog, but then read about the issues w/them before they were even available for the LBS to order. The fixed cable routing was important to me, so I went with the Lev instead of the Reverb.

There are several STW threads on the Lev already; I’d suggest typing “Lev” in that “search forum” box in the upper right.

The only issue that I have had with mine is that there is a scratch that extends up the quill (stanchion) about two inches. It looks like something inside the lower portion if the post is causing the scratch. Its hard to see, but can be felt with a fingernail. I got a return auth from KS USA, but have not been willing to take it off of the to send it back…

Edit – mine is a 31.6 x 125; no experience with the 27.2.

martinxyz
    Free Member

I like the crank brothers comment about them lasting if you take care of them.

Look, bin the freekin things and buy Shimano. You won’t have to look after your pedals ever again. Just ride.

johnnystorm

Looking for an alternative? Nowt wrong with my Spesh command post.

roverpig

How about the Giant Contact post? It seems to be showing up on a few sites around the £150 mark. Not many reviews but no big design flaws being reported either as far as I can see. I’m tempted to put on on my Trance, but will wait for a few more real world reviews first I think.

Cheers

Andy

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Reverb or Kronolog?’ is closed to new replies.