Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Reverb or fox doss?
  • tommy19
    Free Member

I’ve decided to yield to the dropper seat post after trying a friends today. Is the reverb stil the best or does the fox give it a run? And what’s the best value for money post?

tomhoward

Reverb every time for me.

BearBack
    Free Member

Very few doss users so unlikely many direct comparisons.
    Major differences are the reverb is hydraulic operated with infinite adjustment. Fragile lever and still failure issues like all other posts.
    DOSS is cable actuated and has 3 height positions to match the ctd system settings.

Either option will be great and revolutionise your riding!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

MBR has a dropper review this month and the top 2 are reverb and KS Lev.

I have a reverb and its been spot on.

flyingmm

Several months in, I’m still impressed with the KS Lev, although I’ve noticed the recent posts on here about the lack of a UK distributer.

jambon
    Free Member

Just bought a LEV from bikediscount.de.

It’s the only one that does 6″ drop and has a sensibly placed cable.

The LEV’s predecessors appear to be reliable.

mattjg
    Free Member

DOSS is cable actuated and has 3 height positions to match the ctd system settings.

I did a demo day last week, one bike had a choose-where-you-want-it post, another had 3 positions (top, 1/3 down I guess, all the way down), though it wasn’t Fox AFAIK (it was installed in a Spesh).

I’d pick the any position post any day. Height to trail conditions is a very personal preference I think.

crocodilian
    Free Member

Reverb does still seem to trump everything else out there.

tommy19
    Free Member

Where is the cheapest place to get a reverb in the uk and which is the latest model?

aroche
    Free Member

german websites are the cheapest afaik.
    google h & s discount (239 euro) which are a big german online site (in english also) with very quick and cheap delivery.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

So if I buy a Reverb from Ze Germans, what happens when it conks out? Will my LBS sort it out if It’s still in waranteee?

greeble
    Free Member

Even some of the mojo guys are running a reverb…

Says it all really

mattjg
    Free Member

I believe in UK law the retailer is responsible, and you’d return it to where you bought it from. Possibly Rockshox’ deal with their distribution chain (LBS) may trump that and the LBS would deal with it, but I wouldn’t be sure.

What’s the saving from Germany vs the risk of it going wrong?

IMO if you’re relying on free service from LBS, buy it from LBS. If you’re not bothered about sending it back to Germany then buy it from Germany.

nonk
    Free Member

esselgruntfuttock – Member
    So if I buy a Reverb from Ze Germans, what happens when it conks out? Will my LBS sort it out if It’s still in waranteee?
    POSTED 57 MINUTES AGO #

Of course they won’t

tomhoward

Of course they won’t

Depends on your relationship with your lbs. iirc the warrantee is worldwide but worst case scenario is you send it back to ze Germans, like you would with any uk online shop…

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Do yourself a favour & buy from a UK supplier.

I bought XT brakes from Rose Bikes – had issues & it was a pain in the arse.

I bought my Reverb from Merlin Cycles – 100mm drop version is perfect IMO.

mattjg
    Free Member

I saw some posts are coming out with 125mm drop. For trail riding I don’t think I’d ever use all of the 100mm anyway so it seems a non-upgrade to me.

Euro
    Free Member

mattjg
    another had 3 positions (top, 1/3 down I guess, all the way down), though it wasn’t Fox AFAIK (it was installed in a Spesh).

That’ll be the Specialized Command Post. Just got a bike with one fitted. The 3 positions are down, up a big bit (100mm) and fully up (125mm). First proper go on it today and i’m impressed.

mattjg
    Free Member

@euro yes it must be. Is the mid position fixed in the post or can you calibrate it?

25-30mm is definitely enough for most of my riding (pedally ST). I bought an XFusion HiLo for my XC bike, I may even put a cable tie or similar on it to make a brainless, but tunable, default drop point.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Reverb or fox doss?’ is closed to new replies.