Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Reverb newbie questions
  • iainc

Reverb fitted today, couple of queries if you could be so kind :

– the silver collar – presume this in case of a failure on the trails ? do you fit at top of shaft, or carry in pack ? if the former, does it scratch the shaft ?

– secondly, any easy way to get rear crudcatcher on the lower bit and not foul the hose ?

thanks

somafunk

The silver collar is to set the maximum lower drop height if you don’t wish it to drop the post entirely down every time, i dunno bout the fitting of the crudcatcher? – be careful as the crudcatcher might rotate round the seatpost if you come off in a crash and it may detach the hose as they are attached quite delicately at the seat clamp area.

iainc

thanks, think I’ll pop the collar in my camelbak. Will need to think about mudguard, as the twisting round thing is a reality indeed, cheers

somafunk

If you’re wanting a mudguard to keep your arse dry then i can recommend the Butt fender from MuckyNutz, also, their bender fender is a far better design for keeping mud and grit off your fork stantions than the neoprene items that attach to fork braces.

iainc

somafunk – thanks, I have the front one, which I use in combination with a downtube crudcatcher (spec wearer so like a clean face 😀 )so might get hold of that back one, cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Reverb newbie questions’ is closed to new replies.