Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Reverb MMX clamp question
  • RichT

There are some reverbs on CRC which look good but come with MMX clamps.
    Do these also come with a normal bar clamp as I have shimano gears and brakes (3X10)? Also should I go for left or right? I run a front shifter, so would a left over the bar be best or a right under the bar on the left.
    Thanks

benpinnick

The MMX clamp bits can be removed to leave the standard clamp so all good there. If you run Fr and RR shifters I would go Left over the bar personally. Left overs and right unders are the same reverb.

RichT

Cheers Ben, so I would order the LH option for over the bar on Left?

DiscJockey
    Free Member

The MMX description just means you can use the Reverb’s bar clamp to also mount a SRAM brake lever (you just remove the black ‘wedge’ to do this). But as you don’t have SRAM, just ignore all that – what you’ll get is simply a bar clamp like any other.

I recommend that you borrow a mate’s Reverb remote to see what position you can go with. If your gear shifters are connected to the brake levers (i-Spec) then that’s one less clamp to get in the way, but the issue I’ve had in installing my Reverb remote under the bars is that it gets in the way of the gear shifters, and can’t be moved into the exact position because the hose hits the brake lever reservoir. Eventually I went back to installing it on top to keep the space around the shifters ‘uncluttered’ (see photo).

As for whether you choose left or right, I’d go for a top-right (called ‘Right-Above’ on CRC’s website) version like mine because if you change to a 1×11 in the future, you can then move the same Reverb remote to a bottom-left position as you won’t have a shifter there any more.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Reverb MMX clamp question’ is closed to new replies.