Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Reverb lever; who runs theirs on top of the bars where it was designed to go?
  • mindmap3
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a Reverb from Wiggle but have made a bit of a boo boo with the lever chosen…a left hand lever. My original preference for the lever to be as I run 1×10. I can run it on the right hand side because of where my brake lever and shifter are. Moving them around compromises them too much, which seems wrong just for a post.

Wiggle don’t have any more of the 2012 posts, which means I need to run it on the left hand side on top of the bars. Ergonomically it feels fine but I am worried about it getting broken. It seems reasonably well made but I was wondering how tough they actually are. I was also wondering who on here runs their Reverb lever on top of their bars and if so have they encountered any issues?

Thanks for any experiences (and yes I know it’s m own fault for getting a bit trigger happy).

glen815
    Free Member

I’ve been running mine on the top for the last two years with no issues. I have had several offs including an OTB moment with no issues. Just take care when and if you turn your bike upside down on the trail to fix a flat etc.

sleigh62
    Free Member

same as glen815 for me …. no problems so far

just need to be careful when turning the bike upside down

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Mines on the top, but its a pain as I can’t turn the bike upside down on the trail when mending it. Can you mount it upside down under the bar or get a conversion bracket?

si69jc
    Free Member

i have a left hand lever upside down on the right!!

its much better, you just have to get the hose length right as it can twist abit funny..

bol

Me. I run 10×2 and can’t get my lever to fit on the underside and still reach the button easily. It’s fine on the top though.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Cheers chaps…I had a fiddle just trying to fit the lever. The good news I guess is that in my preferred position on top of the bar, the push button points down slightly so when the bike is flipped it rests on the main body rather than the push button.

I did try it on the wrong side but it clashed with my shifter and would be too far away to reach easily making the remote pointless. The XT brakes make it hard too because the blades are so short and the reservoir quite tall.

Replacement levers are mega money too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Reverb lever; who runs theirs on top of the bars where it was designed to go?’ is closed to new replies.