Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Reverb lever, changing left to a right lever
  • deadkenny
    Free Member

Got a Reverb (not stealth) with a left hand lever but I want to change the lever to a right hand lever so it can go under the bars on the left.

However, is there any way I can do this without spending £80+ (!!) on a Remote Lever Assembly Kit ?

That’s half the price of what I can pay for a replacement non-stealth Reverb!

I can get parts for a lever okay and for reasonable prices (service kit etc), just not the right hand design instead of left it seems unless buying the whole assembly.

Also, parts list says A1 lever parts only work with an A1 Reverb (older model) and A2 with A2 & B1 Reverb, whichever those are. The A1 lever has a silver adjuster knob and A2 black. I’ve got a silver knob one on another Reverb and had tried swapping it over with this one (black) but had no end of problems. Is it really that they must match the actual Reverb itself? Surely it’s just hydraulic fluid they push so what’s the difference?

Plus I understood there was a difference between silver and black but thought that was the collar colour on the Reverb itself.

Matt_SS_xc

Buy a used post on eBay with the lever you want. Swap levers. Sell post again.
    Or just sell you old post.

I bought non stealth for £95. Put RH lever into my bike and intended to sell the non stealth on again. Ended up putting non stealth onto my fat bike….
    But I’m sure if I had sold post again I wouldn’t have lost much more than 10/20£ so a much cheaper option than a new lever.

welshfarmer

I have used both old and new type remotes with old and new posts. While they may not have the full range of speed adjustment I cannot say I ever noticed a difference. Saying one remote won’t work with a different post appears to be a myth (in my experience)

deadkenny
    Free Member

The old type silver one when put on the newer post I found only worked at high speed setting and on a ride it would progressively get slower until it stopped. Swapped it back to the original post and it works fine on that. Both bled exactly the same way.

Original post has other issues though. It’s my spare, hence wanted to swap the lever over to the other fairly new post I inherited but has wrong side lever for my preference.

Browse through ebay I guess.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

If I ever smash the lever on my reverb again, no way will I be replacing it with the same, I’ll be fitting the Novyparts one instead.

Novy

deadkenny
    Free Member

Hmm, interesting. Not seen that one before. I’ve seen the ones that replace the whole hydraulics with cable, which is another thought.

Only niggle with that Novy is it fits via the MatchMaker. I just direct fit the clamp to the left (SRAM) brake (no gears that side) which makes a very neat fit and no MMX used. In fact not sure I could do it without having a gear lever there. The non gear clamp option for the brake lever has no MMX fitting option I think. Though looking at those pics could fit it standalone but then that’s extra bar clutter.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

If you have a front mech shifter on there, the ergonomics of a reverb lever as well will be a pita.

vmgscot

GF has the Novyparts lever fitted for a while now and has been reliable so far and is great for her ‘stumpy’ thumb. Using a seperate bar clamp though as she has Shimano brakes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Reverb lever, changing left to a right lever’ is closed to new replies.