Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Reverb left or right question.
  • flossie
    Free Member

I’m looking to to order a reverb dropper for Mrs Floss’s bike and left and right hand levers are of course available.
    Question, is that with the button on top or slung below the bars.

Thanks in advance
    F

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

I just purchased a new reverb my first dropper and opted for a rh lever as can be put under bars on left side good for us 1×10 riders or if you’re more modern and flush,, 1x11ers.

superfli
    Free Member

Yes, a right reverb will be left lower mounted as hopeychondriact says

iridebikes
    Free Member

Sorry for the hijack but what is best if you still have gear a front deraleur?

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Iwould always put it on the left because even if you have front gears you change them a lot less than rear gears so it is less in the way .

flossie
    Free Member

Thanks for the info chaps, much appreciated.

Iride, I have a front mech and have tried both tucking the button under on the right but it was a long way inboard on the bars and meant I needed to move my whole hand in to press. I’ve now swapped it over onto the top left so I now only need to move my thumb up to press. All I can say is try it and see what you prefer.
    Without a front shifter left and underneath must be the perfect position!

Olly
    Free Member

on top they seem very vulnerable to getting smacked. Its a hydraulic cylinder, so bending it will probably ruin it?
    Ive got mine on the left hand side, very inboard. Need to have a smoother section of trail to unweight hand and press the button with a thumb stretch.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Mine’s on the right, underneath. Use my index finger but took a while to NOT get confused with the rear mech downshifter, fine now though.

kristoff
    Free Member

Mines in the standard on top position on the left.. Like the idea of moving it underneath using a right hand remote but I will probably just wait until it’s an issue.

iainc

I have a left one, upside down on right.

iridebikes
    Free Member

Ok, it’s not a problem for me as I have 1 x 10 , but we’re about to order one my gf. It’s hard to know what she’d like.

colournoise

RH, mounted under the bar on the left. Just seems the common sense way to do it (1×10).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Reverb left or right question.’ is closed to new replies.