Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Reverb issue, anyone had this and have an idea what the prob is?
  • thered

It’s really slow to compress or return but as it’s achieving full extension (fnarr fnarr) it judders through the last 5mm.

Anybody had this and know why it might be happening?

Thanks

JonEdwards
    Free Member

I would guess the remote needs a bleed – the valve isn’t opening fully, hence the slow return and the air spring is struggling to push it the last few mm against the hydraulic pressure. Have you got the adjuster set to full fast?

Be worth checking the air pressure too.

angeldust
    Free Member

Seat collar isn’t slightly too tight is it?

thered

It’s been bled twice by the LBS, they’ve checked air pressure and tried with seat collar undone. 🙁

jam-bo

hasnt been bled very well then?

scc999

hasnt been bled very well then?

Which is odd, because doing that is a piece of, er, cake.
    I’d double check the air pressure too.
    Is the speed collar turned all the way to “fast”?

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

If it’s not the above it could be a leak in the hose,this doesn’t have to be an externally visible one hose could been crimped/folded and have the inside line ruptured and be leaking into outer-I’ve had this with brakes before.
    Maybe it needs a lube service with new bushings if they are worn/destroyed(they are delicate) and are creating more drag too.

BadlyWiredDog

Maybe it needs a lube service with new bushings if they are worn/destroyed(they are delicate) and are creating more drag too.

My experience of worn Reverb bushing was that the post went up and down quite happily, but creaked and clacked alarmingly with lots of easily detectable play. Easy enough to change yourself if you’re half competent, but irksome to have to replace an otherwise perfectly good top-cap.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Reverb issue, anyone had this and have an idea what the prob is?’ is closed to new replies.