Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Reverb is a bugger to push down unless at the front of saddle
  • darrenspink
    Free Member

Anybody have there saddle way back and find it hard to push their reverb down? Been meaning to ask for a long time, so long in fact I can’t even remember if it’s ever been different.

If I push down on the front/tip of the saddle it goes down fine. Springs back no problem at all. Push down at the back and it won’t budge at all.

There’s a bit of forward/back movement but I’m wondering if it’s just because of the saddle position.

Suggestions please (apart from move saddle forward). It’s still in warranty if it has to go back.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’d imagine that youve worn the bush due to the leverage created by your seat position. Nothing you can really do, apart from buying a bike that fits a bit better, so that you can have the saddle more central.

Liftman

My reverb 150mm stealth has always been like that.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

What’s the seat tube angle liftman?.

Liftman

No idea, it’s on a carbon capra

dnhross

Have you unscrewed the collar at the top, cleaned the shaft and then lubricated with some light oil? Mine was exactly like that on my Capra until a mate of mine did that to it, took him all of five mins and it’s great now

wagenwheel

Same on my Capra. Hardly been used and the seat post clamp isn’t too tight. I might try taking the collar off for a clean and lube.

teethgrinder

Can you just undo the collar without letting of the air and all that?

dirtydog
    Free Member
    darrenspink
    Free Member

That’s interesting. Mines a 150 stealth as well. Collars been off and I use fork juice on it after each muddy ride.

Nobeerinthefridge, in between sizes and prefer a slightly smaller frame.

shaungero
    Free Member

New top cap and bleed sorted mine out

tillydog
    Free Member

It probably needs a service.

Basic service kit (which includes the lower bushing, but not the top cap bushing or keys) is about £10. The service involves a bit more than unscrewing the collar, but doesn’t require messing with the hydraulics. It’s the only real way to clean/lubricate the mechanical parts.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w0X0-AOhRA[/video]

TCH
    quoted me £46 for a full service/rebuild (i.e. more than the above) earlier this year if you don’t fancy DIY.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Older 150’s had very little distance between their puny thin coated PTFE bushings,combined with the extra leverage that jacking it up to 150 created ,poor weather sealing from all the flex on these,more bushing binding and being used on some bikes with slacker seat angles and they don’t last long,my big mates have burned through these real quick.
    I’m just over 12 stone and the top cap coating gave way on mine and quickly gouged the stanchion by running on bare metal.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Nice one chaps, think i’ll have a go at that.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Reverb is a bugger to push down unless at the front of saddle’ is closed to new replies.