Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Reverb in very cold conditions ?
  • simonm
    Free Member

Yesterday, out on a ride, my Reverb stuck down. When I returned home, and sat the bike in the garage for a while, it started to oeprerate normally again.
    It got down to minus 2 on ride yesterday, just wondering if there is an issue with it or it was just temperature related.

Cheers.

breadcrumb

Mine went a little slow when I was up Skiddaw, wind chill made it much colder than -2 though.

ceepers

Yeah mine seemed slow yesterday up on the quantocks, was definitely around freezing

jimw
    Free Member

If it is of any use, I was out for three hours yesterday in sub zero air temp.but mostly sunny, and the reverb worked fine all the way through. I have had problems on a Giant post in the past when water in the cable froze. The crap lever design almost encourages water into the system in my experience with the Giant.

jam-bo

wind chill made it much colder than -2 though

not to an inanimate metal + plastic object it didn’t…

Legoman
    Free Member

I’m new to the whole Reverb thing (as in 2 rides!), but noticed mine was very slow to rise yesterday, which I hoped was the cold as it’s pretty much brand new.

Wasn’t mega cold though – maybe 4 degrees when we left, bit colder by the time we got back.

breadcrumb

not to an inanimate metal + plastic object it didn’t…

Fair point 😳

My clothes were getting frosty so pretty cold.

andyfb78
    Free Member

Mine worked fine until the puffer, now it doesn’t….
    but that was only about -4c (feels like)

trusty

Mine was getting sluggish in the cold, bled it and now much better

woodster

Mine was a bit slow yesterday, but still worked. I did lube the seal before hand though which may have helped.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Cooler air is finner innit.

Might be worth checking the air pressure of your Reverb at room temp. You might find it needs a top up.

welshfarmer

Hmmmmm, just about to do a warranty return on my Reverb (3 months old) after it went down and stayed down on a cold ride on weekend. Checked air pressure and was basically empty. Pumped to 200 psi and you could hear the air gushing out. Within a short period the thing was bouncing again. I can guess which seal has gone as I have another Reverb well out of warranty that I have fixed several times with this problem but I had (naively) hoped the new design had solved the issue. Anyway, it can go back and they can sort it.

scotroutes

bluearsedfly – Member
    Cooler air is finner innit.

err…..

jaylittle
    Free Member

Gave my reverb a test in the car park before setting off on saturdays ride and it wouldn’t return. Attached the shock pump and it read zero, put the required 250psi in and it worked fine for the 90 minutes we were out.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Mine (recently bled remote and correct pressure) was fine in c. -2c yesterday in the dales.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

err…..

Bad way of saying as temp falls, so does volume.

It’s ficker innit. My bad.

pk13

Mine was slow today too

simonm
    Free Member

mmmm, Interesting. Looks like its worth popping it back for a once over by LBS.

Thanks for the feedback.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Reverb in very cold conditions ?’ is closed to new replies.