Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Reverb hose cutting immediate help require please!!!
  • GSuperstar
    Free Member

Ok, literally sat here with the hose cut, bu, I just can’t get the barb of the control to screw back into the hose???

What am I doing wrong?

I’ve tried forceful, light, clockwise, counter, it just wont start screwing in???

Thanks!

jimmy748

Cut lengthways with a Stanley knife blade

GSuperstar
    Free Member

cut what lengthways? I’m a little confused?

hairyscary

Force with a jiggle. Use something to grip the hose.

jimmy748

Sorry my mistake, I thought you could not get the hose off the barb.
    If your trying to get the control onto the hose just screw the whole lot in and then mount the control

GSuperstar
    Free Member

its screwing the bit in that will not comply…

Hicksy
    Free Member

I think the older ones (IIRC) you have to tap in, the newer ones are threaded.

I used those yellow plastic things you get with shimano brakes to grip the hose (in some molgrips).

EDIT – I’m talking about getting the barbed fitting into the hose – I’m now not sure if that’s what you’re asking about.

GSuperstar
    Free Member

YES!!!!!!! DONE IT!!!

hairyscary I thank you! Having the hose attached by an elastic band to the bar let me use both hands to screw in (tricky shape to screw the push button)

Thanks for the help!

(pretends he wasn’t super stressed!)

wwaswas

the pad spacers with Magura brakes have a ‘hose holder’ built into them that means you can get some force behind putting a new insert in when you trim them. As you found it’s a right pain without.

GSuperstar
    Free Member

I think the main thing was, the tech video I watched warned about putting it in straight as to not snap the barb, so I just presumed it was a weak item but evidently not that weak 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Reverb hose cutting immediate help require please!!!’ is closed to new replies.