Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Reverb home repair question
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Wife’s reverb sinks a few mm without pressing the release lever. If I find the right video and specific tools, is this repairable at home or is it a factory fix only?

Cheers.

Superficial
    Free Member

I believe it’s an IFP adjustment. Which requires a different bleed kit to the hose bleed kit and the IFP tool. Look on YouTube. I think it may be possible for a very experienced home mechanic to do it, although I decided against trying it.

The flip side is you may not need to do anything. My reverb sinks around 5mm when you sit down although it’s not enough to feel when riding and it hasn’t got any worse for about a year. I’ll get it serviced at some point but it’s not urgent.

al

Be careful. If you undo the nut on the internal piston and it’s swapped air (like mane had) the nut will fire off and hit the ceiling, leaving a spray of oil across everything.

Complete rebuild never did fix the issue and post languishes in the shelf still…

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Might be time to double check the purchase date. It’s a two year warranty isn’t it?

Superficial
    Free Member

Yes. Ps check the pressure in the post. It should be 250psi, if it’s less than that, top it up.

messiah
    Free Member

Superficial

Yes. Ps check the pressure in the post. It should be 250psi, if it’s less than that, top it up.

This first^^^

One of mine was doing that and it had lost pressure. I also gave it a bleed as I have had it for over two years and not touched it; its been great since.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Reverb home repair question’ is closed to new replies.