Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • reverb drops by an inch when I sit on it
  • jsm

What do I need to do to stop my reverb going down by an inch when I sit on it?

is the air pressure the issue?

benpinnick

Send it back.

jsm

it’s over a year old

rudedog
    Free Member

they have a 2 year warranty 🙂

bobslayer
    Free Member

Put some air in.

Legoman
    Free Member

Mines been back once, now doing it again and getting worse.
    It’s also over a year old now so warranty not an option.

Seems to be a common problem (too common for a piece of kit costing upwards of £200)

jimdubleyou

Put the collar on.

benpinnick

Honestly – Send it back. Whatever your view of SRAM V Shimano etc. one thing you cannot fault is the SRAM aftersales service. Reverbs have a 2 year warranty and SRAM are very quick in dealing with issues.

nodrog2
    Free Member

Send it back. Recently sent mine back out of warranty for the same problem and Fishers sent me a new one free of charge.

Legoman
    Free Member

Reverbs have a 2 year warranty.

what? Really?

Mine’s off back to them again then, although I’ll be another £40 out of pocket for my local dealer to remove/post it/re-fit (didn’t buy the bike from them and the shop I bought it from has closed)

antares
    Free Member

Remove it yourself. Surely anyone with half a brain can remove a reverb.

tenfoot

Everyone I ride with has had the same problem at one point or another with their reverbs. My brother is currently waiting to hear from SRAM for a 2nd post that’s gone wrong. He’s gonna sell it when it comes back, and buy a Giant Contact post.

gorillainthepeak
    Free Member

Mine also does this and it’s on a Capra. Can’t really be arsed with the hassle of sending it back to Germany. A local bike mechanic said it’s just a seal that needs replacing (sorry that’s a bit vague but can’t remember what he said exactly), does anyone know if this will fix it?

jsm

mixed answers there. more air vs warranty job.

warranty, is that via a dealer? can tftuned do it under warranty, or does it need to go back via a shop?

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Had one at work from a Capra that was broken. Bike obviously not bought from us but Fishers were happy to handle the warranty through us . We charged for our time of course .

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Mine did this, I put some air in, worked for a bit, then it shat itself completely.
    Send it back, should be back to you in about a week.

gorillainthepeak
    Free Member

More air didn’t fix mine btw

Grim
    Free Member

Mine did the same as yours, I pumped it up to either 200 or 250 PSI (I can’t remember which). After a few ups and downs it now works perfectly. It’s definitely worth a try.

kimbers

Enter a race SRAM are supporting, amazed they make any profit on them the number I saw them replace at UKGE last year, tho I think they have stopped being quite so generous these days

benp1

I sent mine back via warranty, they just sent me a new one

bigmandh
    Free Member

Had this with a stealth on a new bike bought last week. Shop replaced the dropper. Got a reverb on another bike been fine for a year. Seems to be a bit hit and miss but plenty of known problems.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘reverb drops by an inch when I sit on it’ is closed to new replies.