Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Reverb diagnosing sag issue
  • nixie

Should be obvious I now however I’ve not found a definite description. Mine has done two things that could be described as sagging, one which has happened for a while and the other that started last night.

[list][*]The first would be a very short loss of height (< 0.5cm) over a longer seated section. The does not appear to be any play (other then the standard movements) and you could not feel the loss when sitting onto the saddle for the first time. Post would require lever activation to return to full height.[/*]

[*]The second which started last night involved more movement. Not sure how much much was noticeable as soon as you sat down. Saddle also returns to full height when unweighted. Additionally you can press down on the saddle with your hand and the post will shorten and then return once the pressure is released.[/*][/list]

The first I think is not anything to worry about. Is the second what happens when the post has the sag issue?

cchris2lou

It needs full service.
    Air and hydraulic mixing.

Just bleeding the remote won’t solve it.

If under warranty you will probably get a new one.

nixie

Yeap still under warranty fortunately.

BillOddie

Yep warranty, air has been pulled into the seals by the bike being lifted by the saddle with the saddle down (or similar).

nixie

Not done the above (had heard of that as an issue before this post was bought) so must be another failure mode as well.

No dropper for a few weeks then I guess.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Reverb diagnosing sag issue’ is closed to new replies.